Subs sound different after re-install

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subs sound different after re-install

All I did was change the 8 gauge to the 4 gauge wiring, added a big purple ground wire instead of the smaller brown one and used different wire from the head unit to the amp. I moved my amp from under the seat to mounting it on the box in the back as well. Now I notice that the subs arent as deep (12" slp) and they sound worse when they get turned up. I dont know what I did wrong. Did I do something with the wiring behind the head unit? Is it the new bigger cables? And the amp is a 2200 watt soundstorm. Your help is much appreciated.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by suavehorn
All I did was change the 8 gauge to the 4 gauge wiring, added a big purple ground wire instead of the smaller brown one and used different wire from the head unit to the amp. I moved my amp from under the seat to mounting it on the box in the back as well. Now I notice that the subs arent as deep (12" slp) and they sound worse when they get turned up. I dont know what I did wrong. Did I do something with the wiring behind the head unit? Is it the new bigger cables? And the amp is a 2200 watt soundstorm. Your help is much appreciated.
You prolly bumped a setting on the amp...

BTW: GET A NEW AMP!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:49 PM
How many sets of rca's does your headunit have? Do you have the set for the sub amp plugged into the sub set? Does your hu have hpf?

Devildog101

Old 01-21-2008, 10:07 PM
what the hell is a hpf?? And why should I get another amp? A friend of mine who installs amps says this is one that he recomends when it comes to price and the quality. I actually like the amp and there may be a better one out there for what I payed for, but I wont know and right now I am pretty happy with it.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
what the hell is a hpf?? And why should I get another amp? A friend of mine who installs amps says this is one that he recomends when it comes to price and the quality. I actually like the amp and there may be a better one out there for what I payed for, but I wont know and right now I am pretty happy with it.

Last edited by Low_e_Red; 01-22-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
what the hell is a hpf??
The high pass crossover that is found in many aftermarket headunits...

Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Devildog101
The high pass crossover that is found in many aftermarket headunits...
x2
And on many amps.

Quick Reply: Subs sound different after re-install