Best Ground Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
RCA grounds are only needed when ground loops are present. And anytime you use a ground on a set of RCA's it is very possible to lose signal. Therefore not done right.

All jack/seatbelt grounds are "afro engineering". It may work but its not the right way aka a SHORTCUT.

AGAIN Wow. Im digging a hole. What are you going to do?? Glad to know that you "know" im full of sh*t. I bet others are thinking the same...

Yea , you should see my PM box - Your a joke.. What ever , I got the skinny. I didn't need to waste my time on yuh Enjoy yourself.

Last edited by jbrew; 01-15-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea , you should see my PM box - Your a joke.. What ever , I got the skinny. I didn't need to waste my time on yuh Enjoy yourself.
Who cares about your PM box? What could that possibly have to do with proper grounding techniques?

It is quite funny to go back and read this post. You pop in and show a picture of your install, not really adding anything to the OP's question. Then when more than one someone who has done this stuff for a living questions your installation based on what they've experienced, you get all pissy and try to pick fights. I dont understand it. Now you say that Low has an "enemy"? This is getting rich...too rich for my blood.

I'm not quite sure if you have the whole "tiny ***** syndrome" and feel the need to argue about anything and everything just to make up for it, but I can tell you, you wont win this one. You wanna know how I know that Low is not full of "sh*t"? Because of that cute little patch he has in his signature. That is the Mobile Electronics Certification Program patch. I know exactly what he has to know to be able to call himself MECP certified, because I took the test and am certified too. This tells me that he knows what hes talking about. Not to mention the countless other posts he has sharing an absolute wealth of knowledge about mobile electronics. I can honestly say that until this thread, not a single one of your posts has stood out to me. NOT ONE out of 7,000+.

I'm sorry, but I guess that makes two enemies for you, bro. To the OP, sorry you had to witness this and sorry for your thread getting jacked. If you have any more questions, we will try to answer them for you as best as possible. Hopefully without drawing blood. I'm out.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Crewwzin
Who cares about your PM box? What could that possibly have to do with proper grounding techniques?

It is quite funny to go back and read this post. You pop in and show a picture of your install, not really adding anything to the OP's question. Then when more than one someone who has done this stuff for a living questions your installation based on what they've experienced, you get all pissy and try to pick fights. I dont understand it. Now you say that Low has an "enemy"? This is getting rich...too rich for my blood.

I'm not quite sure if you have the whole "tiny ***** syndrome" and feel the need to argue about anything and everything just to make up for it, but I can tell you, you wont win this one. You wanna know how I know that Low is not full of "sh*t"? Because of that cute little patch he has in his signature. That is the Mobile Electronics Certification Program patch. I know exactly what he has to know to be able to call himself MECP certified, because I took the test and am certified too. This tells me that he knows what hes talking about. Not to mention the countless other posts he has sharing an absolute wealth of knowledge about mobile electronics. I can honestly say that until this thread, not a single one of your posts has stood out to me. NOT ONE out of 7,000+.

I'm sorry, but I guess that makes two enemies for you, bro. To the OP, sorry you had to witness this and sorry for your thread getting jacked. If you have any more questions, we will try to answer them for you as best as possible. Hopefully without drawing blood. I'm out.

Uhmmm , that's neither here nor their dude because my system is grounded no matter what you two BB's say. That's just the facts. What r u talking about *****'s for?? Hmm

Whatever floats your boat I guess, keep going you two

Friggen Fruitcakes...

Last edited by jbrew; 01-15-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Now now, boys.

Jbrews setup works just fine and he's happy with it, so what are we all arguing about here?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Whether his worked or not was never the issue. Both Low and myself acknowledged that although it wasnt the way we would do it, his did in fact work. The OP asked a question, we both answered it, and jbrew took it upon himself to kickstart the arguement. But I'm done with it. I have just washed my hands of the whole deal.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Whether his worked or not was never the issue. Both Low and myself acknowledged that although it wasnt the way we would do it, his did in fact work. The OP asked a question, we both answered it, and jbrew took it upon himself to kickstart the arguement. But I'm done with it. I have just washed my hands of the whole deal.

Thanks Crewwzin. I agree Im done too.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 AM

jbrew what is your profession?

i know what Low_E_Red's is.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:31 AM

Look back and READ READ READ - All I did is support what Patrick said and posted a picture of my grounds. Your girl friend had a problem with it. I didn't start nothing.

BTW - how many times are going to wash your hands. I think it's a good idea if you mean it this time because your story keeps conflicting. Like the "Mountain - Moe hill" scenario. Do you remember what we were talking about?

Last edited by jbrew; 01-16-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
jbrew what is your profession?

i know what Low_E_Red's is.
I'm an Engineer. It's in my profile. It doesn't matter what I do @ this point. You better just skedaddle mSall150 ,your obviously not smart enough for this argument. Anyone who crosses a Troyer tune w/Slowmaster set up must have a hole in their marble bag IMO..

I mean , we are taking about being grounded here and most of your info is less than acurate...

That may be a little hard, however, I searched to confirm.

BTW- You have a nice Vid 0-80 . I'm not running a tuner or a re-tune and have a 98 non-PI motor w/234,000 miles on it. I beat your 04 3valve by 2 seconds when comparing.. I like the way your truck sounds tho..

See 4 yourself - http://picasaweb.google.com/jbrew393...88043316047874

Last edited by jbrew; 01-16-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Thanks Crewwzin. I agree Im done too.

Like I said , your some kind of stupid.

You can start something by personally attacking someone and can't stand another's opinion. Every thing I said derogatory , was AFTER your attack. Your toes hurt or just your feelings? I supported another members opinion period..

Last edited by jbrew; 01-16-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bartak1
Now now, boys.

Jbrews setup works just fine and he's happy with it, so what are we all arguing about here?

I don't get it - I posted a freakin picture of my grounds after Patman mentioned the seat belt bolts..That one dude cried like baby along with his girlfriend later on... Oh well. The Pansies are just afraid to learn something new IMO.

It's grounded good . The seat bolts go threw the cab entirely , the sheet metal has a thickened face and is beefed (lots of metal their). Two big strap cables @ the back of the cab tie it to the frame rail w/two smaller straps at the front of the cab again tyeing it to the frame rail...

It's just grounds ... Theres only so much you can do for a good one - I did that. You remember , I had that truck gutted and re-wire allot of chit lol..

Idunno , I really don't think there p^ssing and moaning is meant to make sense. I think their feelings got hurt somehow . They honestly remind me of two woman.

Damn good question Bartak1, I wish I new.

Last edited by jbrew; 01-16-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey! I have one of those nifty 'cute' patches! I worked hard and studied alot. Photobucket granted me mine!

had to to it fellas

Old 01-16-2008, 08:30 AM

- You'all have good speakers on your comp? Have a listen- This system was under $200.
It's also over 12 years old - Look at the amp and speakers lol.. Cheapo 12" Technics in custom boxes are about 20 years old lol..

Thanks to Bartak1 - The truck stereo sounds better than a few of my buddies expensive systems - If you notice at the begining of the video , before the music starts, there is NO disturbance/interference of any kind pumping thru the system. WOW! I wonder why ? - This was recorded through a still camera w/mpeg1.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jbrew393...73530710714466

I admit It's a cheap and old system, but it's wired correctly thanks to f150online and Bartak1.

BTW - I still plan to rebuild those ADVENT's Mr Bartak

Last edited by jbrew; 01-16-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow, didn't mean to start a fight; and all over a ground location!!

Anyway, thanks especially to Low_e_Red and Crewwzin for the advice. Also, thanks to jbrew for your recommendation based on what worked for you.

Fortunately I did find a good ground location on the body after scraping the paint and using and emory cloth to polish off any remaining junk. I actually have my system complete, tuned, and functioning now, sans the original carpeted panel that went behind the back seat. I am going to try to get that cut out and mounted back this evening. When I finished the install I couldn't find my camera, so I don't have any pictures of the completed project yet. I will get some this evening if I have a chance to work on it, but let me just say this:

The system absolutely ROCKS!!!

I'll start a new thread with all the info and the pictures once I get that back panel mounted back.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 AM

Glad it worked out . Yea start a new thread w/pics when you get them , this one took a wrong turn .

Quick Reply: Best Ground Location