Sub Volume Setting

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub Volume Setting

The Alpine 9885 HU I have has a separate level for the Sub Out RCAs on the back which I will be using. When I set the gain on the amp, at what level should I have the Sub Out volume set to? The Kicker ZX400.1 amp manual says to turn the main volume up to about 3/4; should I do the same for the Sub Out?

I don't plan on using the bass **** that came with the amp since the HU has the separate setting for the Sub. Once I set the Sub Out level on the HU and adjust the gain on the amp, should I be careful not to go above that Sub Out level or risk blowing the sub? This is my first experience with this type of setup, and I just don't want to do something that is going to tear any of the equipment up.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
on my head unit i have the sub volume set at 0. then i set the gain on my amp to whatever i desired it to sound.

that way when im listening to music i can either turn the bass up or turn it down using the HU.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Rather than starting a whole new thread, I just decided to use a previous one for this topic.

I have begun the install on my system and just thought I would post the link to some photos I have taken so far. Last night I got the passenger side doors completed with two layers of edead, the new speaker wire routed from behind the back seat where the amps will be located, and the door speakers installed. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions that people may have from looking at the photos of how I have everything set up. I'd rather get it right now than have to go back and do it all over again.

One question I did have was whether I should have any type of speaker baffle for the door speakers. The factory speakers didn't have anything, but I didn't know for sure if it was necessary.

Oh, almost forgot the link.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=15504

Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 AM
it looks pretty good so far!...where did you get the edead and how much was it? And also, Are you going to use your back door speakers?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by benkr16
it looks pretty good so far!...where did you get the edead and how much was it?
I got the edead off of ebay for $1/sq ft; however, if you go to this link you can get it for .80/sq ft.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/pro...1ee390b8e7119f

Originally Posted by benkr16
And also, Are you going to use your back door speakers?
Do you mean the factory speakers? If so, then I'm not going to be using them, but probably will keep them in case I get rid of the truck any time soon in which case I will swap them out for the Infinitys. Besides, one of them is blown anyway.

Last edited by carguyingeorgia; 01-11-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Looking good!

Keep up the work, and keep posting more pics in your gallery througout the install.

let us know how it sounds when completed.

Devildog101

Quick Reply: Sub Volume Setting