Rear seat help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear seat help?

Hey all, i have searched and found instructions to remove the rear seat, but i am having no luck. I have removed the seatbelt cover and now i am trying to get the screwdriver to the clips. I think i found them, but can't get the seat to do anything. once i press the clips in what do i do? Pull the seat to me, move it up?

It might be tougher cause of my leather seats and how cold they are, well thats what i am blaming it on. lol

Any help fellas?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by luke280
Hey all, i have searched and found instructions to remove the rear seat, but i am having no luck. I have removed the seatbelt cover and now i am trying to get the screwdriver to the clips. I think i found them, but can't get the seat to do anything. once i press the clips in what do i do? Pull the seat to me, move it up?
I just removed my seats (also leather) for the first time Saturday, and it took me a little while to figure it out also. Once you push the clip in, you won't feel anything happen; just pull the seat straight up. It would definitely be easier to have two people, but I was able to do it on my own. Just do one side at a time. Once you have pulled them up to unhook them from the clips they shouldn't lock back unless you push the seat back down. This will allow you to do the other side, then lift the whole seat up to get it out. Warning: don't drag the bottom of the seat back across the seat bottom as there is about a 3 inch metal clip sticking down below the seat back, and you could end up with a nice slit in your leather seat.

Good Luck

Old 01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks man! Finally got the seat out. It was easy once you do it once... lol

Quick Reply: Rear seat help?