Alpine PDX

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine PDX

I know i have asked this but hadn't seen anything lately.

Got a chance to buy some new PDX amps and wanted to hear from you if you used them and how you like them.

Looking at 4-150 and 1-600

Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I know i have asked this but hadn't seen anything lately.

Got a chance to buy some new PDX amps and wanted to hear from you if you used them and how you like them.

Looking at 4-150 and 1-600
What are you using the amps for?

I have used them before once for a friend and once for SEMA.

Odd designs Class-D for a 4ch??

Wierd USB style connectors. No matter how you insert the connectors it is correct polarity. But they are SWEEET.

The 4.100 puts out near 132W per channel. And the 1.600 abt 654W. The 1.1000 does 1300. My guess is the 4.150 will be sitting near 185-190Wx4... Make sure you need all that...

Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I just bought both of those amps.

Still have to install them but I bought them for a few reasons.

I read/heard that they are awesome
They have a small foot print and are stackable
Great output as Low_e_Red stated
They look cool
I love Alpine stuff

Old 11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
What are you using the amps for?

I have used them before once for a friend and once for SEMA.

Odd designs Class-D for a 4ch??

Wierd USB style connectors. No matter how you insert the connectors it is correct polarity. But they are SWEEET.

The 4.100 puts out near 132W per channel. And the 1.600 abt 654W. The 1.1000 does 1300. My guess is the 4.150 will be sitting near 185-190Wx4... Make sure you need all that...
I am going to run the 1-600 for my subs at 2ohm....and the 4-100 for the doors....that will double the power I am running now and allow me to move install to the back wall and put the f250 cargo tray back in the truck....I am getting these at dealer cost less 20%....

Posted from my BlackBerry....

Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by 2004Screw

They look cool
I love Alpine stuff
That was a ton of icons!!! I dont think i have ever seen that much movement on a page in hell knows how long...

Nice bro. Get the 1.1000.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:16 PM

They look cool
I love Alpine stuff
you have a new 250 right? Where are you putting the PDX amps? does the 08 have the back seat fold out cargo tray?

I took mine out but there is room for two amps and a CAP behind the passenger rear sear or one on the back wall and one on the floor.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
you have a new 250 right? Where are you putting the PDX amps? does the 08 have the back seat fold out cargo tray?

I took mine out but there is room for two amps and a CAP behind the passenger rear sear or one on the back wall and one on the floor.
Actually I have a F350. The back seat folds down and I plan on putting in both amps and the sub(s)

It does have the folding tray under the seats but just may leave it there for the winter anyways

Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Actually I have a F350. The back seat folds down and I plan on putting in both amps and the sub(s)

It does have the folding tray under the seats but just may leave it there for the winter anyways
Subs should go behind the driver back seat, and you will have to cut the back carpet to put that box in, but you will need to also remove the jack holder and tray behind the passenger side to mount those amps. I am a few months away from getting my installers to take a day to rewire my truck for those amps.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Subs should go behind the driver back seat, and you will have to cut the back carpet to put that box in, but you will need to also remove the jack holder and tray behind the passenger side to mount those amps. I am a few months away from getting my installers to take a day to rewire my truck for those amps.
Do you have the power rear slide window in your truck?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Do you have the power rear slide window in your truck?
doesn't everyone?

yes

Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
doesn't everyone?

yes
Good, cause then I know that sub box and subs will fit

Old 11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
2005 FX4. I have the PDX2-150 driving 2 rainbow 6"s and tweets in the front. My Alpine W205 built-in amp drives the stock rears just for fill...I have the balance on the HU set to ~95 front/5 rear. This amp is great. I also have the PDX1-600 driving an Image Dynamics dual voice coil in a Supercrew Sound box, and it sounds great and hits pretty good for a small driver/box. The PDX2-150 is mounted behind the passerger-side rear seat. The PDX1-600 is behind the driver's-side. I put the X-overs on the amp mounting board in an area directly under the rear window motor mechanism. I've also got a digital Knuconceptz power distribution block, and a ground distribution block on the boards. Oh yeah, also I have two relays mounted on the blocks for remote turning on of the amps...the amps are activated by the HU through Ozmium led rocker switches (subamp sw is red, and front drivers are green) that are mounted in the panel between my dash power outlet and the backup sensor switch. I needed to move the keyless entry box off of the rear wall and put behind the driver's side corner paneling in order for the subwoofer PDX1-600 amp board to be mounted. The boards are 1/2" thick and the amps are ~6" off of the floor. There seems to be a fair bit of clearance even with the layer of Dynamat that I put on that covers the entire rear wall.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Good, cause then I know that sub box and subs will fit
If you are the one cutting the back carpet off, take your time and measure the crap out of it. I made mine somehow perfect so when I slide the box down behind the seat it fits in the cut out very tighly and securely. Measure it 10 times and cut only one if possible.

BTW, its not really carpet per say its like flexible backing with carpet on it.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by 1-bigmac
2005 FX4. I have the PDX2-150 driving 2 rainbow 6"s and tweets in the front. My Alpine W205 built-in amp drives the stock rears just for fill...I have the balance on the HU set to ~95 front/5 rear. This amp is great. I also have the PDX1-600 driving an Image Dynamics dual voice coil in a Supercrew Sound box, and it sounds great and hits pretty good for a small driver/box. The PDX2-150 is mounted behind the passerger-side rear seat. The PDX1-600 is behind the driver's-side. I put the X-overs on the amp mounting board in an area directly under the rear window motor mechanism. I've also got a digital Knuconceptz power distribution block, and a ground distribution block on the boards. Oh yeah, also I have two relays mounted on the blocks for remote turning on of the amps...the amps are activated by the HU through Ozmium led rocker switches (subamp sw is red, and front drivers are green) that are mounted in the panel between my dash power outlet and the backup sensor switch. I needed to move the keyless entry box off of the rear wall and put behind the driver's side corner paneling in order for the subwoofer PDX1-600 amp board to be mounted. The boards are 1/2" thick and the amps are ~6" off of the floor. There seems to be a fair bit of clearance even with the layer of Dynamat that I put on that covers the entire rear wall.
Sounds like a nice set up, got any photos?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
yes, I doucumented the entire install from the "big three" upgrade, to getting the amp boards sprayed with Line-X. I could post them if I could figure out how to do that. I haven't really tried to post photos yet. I'll see what I can do.

Quick Reply: Alpine PDX