low level input or high level??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low level input or high level??

did anyone find their aftermarket amp worked better (using the stock audiophile H/U) if they;

1. Spliced into the back of the H/U speaker outs to high level input on the amp?

2. Spliced into the back of the H/U speaker outs and hooked them up to a low level converter box, and ran the low level outs to the new amp's low level input?

3. Spliced into the back of the H/U subwoofer out low level wires and ran those directly to the low level input on the amp?

Old 12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think youll have the best luck tapping a line out convertor into your speaker wires, then running low level from the converter to the amp...

Old 12-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! finally, huge Bass. I was using the low level input from the OEM rear sub harness, and trying to patch the wires into RCA cables, and my new amp/sub was getting some bass, but i had to turn up the gains all the way to hear it.. now i finally tapped into the left right rear speakers from the back of the audiphile HU, and used a low level converter box to rca outputs, and ran this to my new amp.. man, now i have to turn the gains and bass boost way way down, and its still overpowering, my hair frizzles!! love it.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: low level input or high level??