Would this amp placement be good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would this amp placement be good?

I am going to be installing an amp to power my components when they come in. First off I have 04 Styleside regular cab.. I dont want to mount the amp on the floor, been there done that and dont like because I cant pile anything on top of it..

I was thinking of possibly mounting the amp behind the back plastic panel but wasnt sure if there would be enough room or ventilation to the amp so it dont overheat.. Would this work or no.. If that doesnt work then I was just simply going to mount it in the cab but still on the back wall. Would that plastic wall hold the amp?

Thanks for the help in advance guys..

MAtt

Old 02-09-2006, 01:29 AM
THe placement of the amp all depends on the size of it and what it all it does to cool itself internally. I have had a couple different amps and have placed then in areas where the ventilation is not the best. Like under the back seat in my bronco. I also placed it underneath the drivers seat in my reg cab 2000 POS Ram that i had. I would try and place it under one of the seats or center console if there is room, even if you have to build something to hold it level. It also it to be excessable just in case, you never know when you might need to get to it and having it hidden is not always good. Just my idea of where to place it, i have to figure out where i want to place my amp as well. mine is pretty good sized, but i think i am going to try and get it under neath the center console.

On a different note thanks for the offer i might take you up on it. Just curious why are you switching to aftermarket? ANd how does the system sound with using the factory head unit?

Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah the amp that I am going to use isnt really big, under the seat was the first place I thought about.. The factory system just doesnt sound very good to me.. The sound quality is fine at normal levels but I like to turn my music up just a little louder than normal and the quality just isnt there...Yeah if you need that line output converter just let me know. Like I said earlier.. I wont have it out until next Tuesday...

Old 03-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I bought a Alpine V12 4 Channel amp, size 13x8.5 and it looks a little to big to put it under the seats with the brackets and wires so would a good alternate location be under the rear seat where the jack is mounted if I remove it? I would like to keep the rear driver side clear for a potential sub box down the road. This is my first aftermarket amp and so Im kind of lost.
Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Would this amp placement be good?