Wiring location

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring location

Could you guys help me out here?

I wanted to know the best place that you guys ran your amp power wire thru the firewall.
I dont see any holes that will work and I am not to hip on the idea of making a hole in my truck.
If you did drill where you put it?

Thanks in advance,
Tyson

Old 07-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a few holes already in the firewall with rubber plugs in them. Just locate one that suits you location and remove the plug, run the wire and then replace the plug.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:03 AM
I looked and cant find any that would work,
or am I not looking hard enough!?!
If not which one.

Old 07-04-2004, 11:21 AM
I am not sure, because I have not looked for myself, but on most trucks there are openings in the floor with rubber plugs in them. Try to pull up some of the carpet next to the door trim areas, and see if there are any there. Futhermore, there SHOULD be plugged holes on the firewall ... just keep looking!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-05-2004, 01:23 AM
I ran mine through the drivers side and it was right near the power steering I believe. It was big enough to make dual runs of 0 awg though...

Old 07-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Hazard,

Is it the big one (size of a golfball) on the left side of the steering shaft?
If it is did you have any trouble with heat? I think before,when I ruled it out, I thought it was to close to the engine.

I did notice that you could possible run the wire over the top of the firewall (in the channel of wires) away from the heat of the engine.

Do you have any pictures that you could send me or post for everyones enjoyment

Thanks for the post its exactly what I was looking for!
thanks everyone else too

Tyson
Tmmkahler@comcast.net

Old 07-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Re: Wiring location

Originally posted by Tmmkahler
Could you guys help me out here?

I wanted to know the best place that you guys ran your amp power wire thru the firewall.
I dont see any holes that will work and I am not to hip on the idea of making a hole in my truck.
If you did drill where you put it?

Thanks in advance,
Tyson
Check out my AMP INSTALL PICS

Old 07-15-2004, 11:35 PM
I ran mine in one of the holes with a plug, it was located right behind and to the right of the glove box. Since the battery is on that side and my dis. block is under my pass. seat, it made for a very short run. It was very hard to replace the plug, so after running my wires I took heat resistant black roofing sealant and shot it all around and in the hole. It held the wire in place and made a great seal in the fire wall.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Doh...Sorry for the delay, I have been in and out of town and the country. If I have a picture I'll send it to you ASAP if not I'll try to snap one tomorow.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Ok here is the best picture I have. I have no problems with heat. Also, as you can see the fuse holders are closes to the engine than the hole.

Old 07-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Dupuis
I ran mine in one of the holes with a plug, it was located right behind and to the right of the glove box. Since the battery is on that side and my dis. block is under my pass. seat, it made for a very short run. It was very hard to replace the plug, so after running my wires I took heat resistant black roofing sealant and shot it all around and in the hole. It held the wire in place and made a great seal in the fire wall.
DAMN IT ! ! !

I couldn't find a plug on the pass. side. "BEHIND" the glove box and to the right you say? I wonder if that is the same for the Heritage model.

Old 07-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jamzwayne
DAMN IT ! ! !

I couldn't find a plug on the pass. side. "BEHIND" the glove box and to the right you say? I wonder if that is the same for the Heritage model.
Not sure, but I would think not. If you looked you wouldn't of missed it. Take a flash light and look down the fire wall from under your hood and you can see the plug that I want through. But again, this was on the new body style, not sure of the Heritage.
Thing is, 2 screws hold the glove box in place, so it was very easy to run the power line. Sorry jamzwayne, not trying to rub it in, just giving others advice on it.

Last edited by Dupuis; 07-17-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Dupuis where in LA are you at? I used to live on the west bank, but now I live in Baton Rouge.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Hazard269
Dupuis where in LA are you at? I used to live on the west bank, but now I live in Baton Rouge.

Lafayette

Old 07-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Hazard269
Sweet! Have some family and a few friends over there. Got some people in your area who are faily into car audio and seem to really know there stuff. I believe there is an RE 18 XXX floating around somewhere over there in a tan ranger and quite a few ED products along with an ED rep or two.

Quick Reply: Wiring location