TRU Technology

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TRU Technology

Does anyone know where someone could purchase or find price info for TruTech amps? I'm dreaming of a tube copper series

Old 10-24-2003, 07:34 PM

Last edited by ROUSHFAN-1; 10-24-2003 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Old 10-24-2003, 09:24 PM
ROUSHFAN - do you own one of their products? If so what's your opinion on their products? So prices I can get from them and if I want to order is it directly from them too? Thanks for the help man!

Old 10-25-2003, 01:36 PM
No, I don't own one..Wish I did though...Any information you need are on either link I posted....I have yet to hear anything remotely bad about TRU. I hear they are a BULLITPROOF amp....(no, not literally)

Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Damn that HAMMER SH-1

Looks like they've just taken their H-1 model and paralleled it with 2 H-1 amps. That thing is a freakin beast.

240 amp fusing.. WHOA!!

Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Thumbs up hey marc

I looked at tru tech, and emailed them for prices. There amps look sick never heard them tho, but prices man are up there. But you get what you pay for, if I remember right a copper series tube amp will run you at least 2,000. I think you buy through ED let me see if I can find the file of price list still on my hard drive.

Good luck,

Jim

Old 10-28-2003, 01:39 PM
NECK4752 - Yeah I e-mailed John Yi at Trutech and he sent me those files (thanks anyways ), the copper series sounds like a great amp but I think I may end up going for a T03-2.250 for my subs and a T03-4.150 for my mids and tweets. I'm just in the planning stages for my system now but I think I'm going to stick with those beauties!

Old 10-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Talking Yea those amps are kick a$$

Thats gonna be a beefy but smooth system marc,
goodluck man thing should sound awesome if you get those ED subs too, i jus got an ED 10" K series, and looked at trutech but aint got the $$ right now, so I went with the Rockford Fosgate Power 551X, its a four channel but i've got a pair of fantic X components, should be getting the system in this weekedn man.

Good luck with yours,
Jim

Old 10-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Guys I don't want to knock the TRU amps but I feel that you should wait on buying them. They are priced so high now due to the fact that they are a new amp to the market place. But heck, somebody has to pay for the R&D, dies, molds, etc. Give them a year or two and they will drop prices by at least 50% or they will wind up going out of business. Sorry, but pricing is a very big niche in the auto sound industry. I love the look, they are built extremely well, and I can bet you they are top notch in performance. However, like I said before they are still way to overpriced for what they are due to initial costs of production start up and before I would spend the tall dollars for one of their amps I would instead buy an amp like McIntosh, Audio Art, Soundstream, Rockford (Power series only), Phoenix Gold, Extant, or another top performer like them. Fact is there are so many different companies making competition amps for much less that they will be forced to either drop prices or drop out of car audio.

Just my .02

Old 10-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Jim - Good luck with your install (the fun stuff!), should sound pretty good when you're done! I'm probably going to get 3 ED e10A's and run them sealed (prefer a harder punch and smaller box). For the front I want to run Focal Polykevlar 3-way seperates. I figure I wanna go all out this time around so that's why I'm looking at quality amps.

CGORRIS - I respect your taste in amps (I'm a big Phoenix Gold fan myself) but I don't find the Tru Tech amps to be too over-priced. Considering they're hand built and done the way it used to be (kinda like P.G. back in the early/mid '90s). Before I found out about TruTech I only had one amp in mind for my subs, a PG Titanium 1200.1 and the cheapest I could find it was $1060... that's only $240 cheaper than the T03-2.250 which is more powerful (about 600 watts more @ 2 ohm load). I'll gladly help pay for a company's R&D (especially when it's not the regular, run-o-the-mill stuff), someone's gotta help out the little guy! I guess the only thing is that I'm going to be coughing up quite a wad of cash for something I've never heard before, I'm basing my decision solely on word of mouth and what TruTech is telling me (suddenly this doesn't sound so good... oh well).

,Marc

Old 10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Thumbs up good luck marc

That system will be sick, those components will be nice touch man, now are your getting these for that L your gonna get?

3 10's is insane, have you ever considered 2 12's or you like bass?

good luck

Old 10-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Marc,

Like I said, I think they are top notch, quality built amps. It is apparent in both their design as well as component choice. I am sure that you are going o absolutely love them. So long as you don't mind spending the extra money. Anyway, I would love to hear your opinion of them once you get them installed so keep us posted.

Old 10-30-2003, 05:59 AM
Marc,

Not sure if your interested or not but one of the amps you are looking to get is listed on ebay. The TO3-2.250 is listed with a starting bid on $750. Here is the link if you want to bid. BTW it has the Burr Brown upgrade in it as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18796

Old 10-30-2003, 02:45 PM
cgorris,

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I won't be bidding though. I only start my new job on Monday and have to save up for a downpayment on a Lightning first. I figure I'll be looking to buy in the spring sometime. I have a system in my Thunderbird right now: Alpine 7894 MP3 HU, 3 JL 10W6 subs in a sealed box powered by a Rockford 500.2 amp, Infinity mids and Clarion tweets powered by an old school P.G. MQ430 amp (it's a wicked piece, 24kt gold plated circuit board and big fat wires running through it, the sound is very clean). Once I sell the T-bird that system will be going in my girlfriend's car, then I can start from scratch to build mine (so pumped!). Cheers!

,Marc

Quick Reply: TRU Technology