supercrew amp locations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supercrew amp locations?

Best locations to mount an amp in a 2001 supercrew?

In the console would be sweet if it could breathe.

Does the space under the rear seat disappear when the seats are laid down? Maybe I should get off my butt and go see.

Don

Old 08-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I have a '01 'Screw and both my amps are mounted under the rear seat. When the rear seats are folded down, they just touch the amps...

Not a problem as far as I can see.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:47 PM
I had a local stereo shop install a sub and amp today. They used the rear storage bin on the drivers side in my supercrew. I was hoping that there would be a way that they could install the amp without screwing it through the rear panel. When I looked at it after I picked it up, I noticed that there were 4 screws sticking about an 1" outside of the cab. Is there anything better to do than this???

Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 PM
IRHOGFAN,

Did I understand you right that they drilled screws through the back wall and they poke THROUGH the cab?!?!?!?

I'd be mad as hell if they did that to me

My 5 Channle amp is under the passenger rear seat on my SCREW, and the seat lays down fine, doesnt even touch it.

Old 09-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I had told them that I really didn't want them to attach the amp by using screws that would penetrate the outside of the cab. It isn't really a huge deal, but I just wish there was a better option. Since it is already screwed in and the holes are there, then I might as well not mess with it. They are small holes and worse things could happen. If I ever take it out, I will probably never notice that they are there. It is just the fact that I know it.

Rbraughn, is your amp mounted someway, if so, what did they use to secure it to the floor. I wanted the amp to be secure, so I guess I got what I asked for. I probably won't mess with it except to maybe put in some shorter screws so that I can't see it when I look in the gap between the cab and the bed.

Old 09-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Yes, Mine is bolted through the floor, but it has nuts and rubber gaskets, so there is no way for water to get in. Also after the holes were drilled (I only put 2 bolts diagonally) a rustproofing paint was used on the holes.

The screws through a vertical wall would worry me as I would be afraid water would run down the cab and get in somehow....I don't know maybe its not a big deal

Old 09-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by lrhogfan
I had a local stereo shop install a sub and amp today. They used the rear storage bin on the drivers side in my supercrew. I was hoping that there would be a way that they could install the amp without screwing it through the rear panel. When I looked at it after I picked it up, I noticed that there were 4 screws sticking about an 1" outside of the cab. Is there anything better to do than this???
I cut a piece of MDF to fit and attached it to the strength member (that runs the width of the rear wall) with angle brackets at the top. The MDF is wedged in at the bottom, so no need to attach there. Covered the wood in carpet and attached the amps with wood screws. No holes through the rear wall and it is very secure. If I were in your situation, I think I would put some silicone caulk on the screws that go through the wall.

Quick Reply: supercrew amp locations?