2015 - 2020 F-150

SuperCab vs SuperCrew Wheelbase

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SuperCab vs SuperCrew Wheelbase

Hey, I am trying to order a particular kind of running boards for my 2020 Ford F150 Lariat. My truck purchase paperwork says the truck is a "4D Crew Cab" body style. The site where I am trying to buy the running boards says I can get a SuperCab version or a SuperCrewCab version and there's about $100 difference in price between the two. My assumption is that I should order the running boards for the SuperCrewCab. My research shows the SuperCab is like an extended cab, where the back doors are not full doors and the front doors have to be open to open the back doors My truck has all 4 doors independent. Other research says the SuperCab and SuperCrewCab may be the same in length, but the interior has more legroom/space with the SuperCrewCab. My truck has a 5.5 bed. I guess my question is, "Is the wheelbase for a 2020 SuperCab and a 2020 SuperCrewCab the same?". If they are the same wheelbase, I'm not sure why I would spend the extra $100 dollars and just get the running boards for the SuperCab. Any feedback or confirmation is appreciated!

After further scrutiny, the dimensions for the running boards for the SuperCab are 83x14x9 and the dimensions for the running boards for the SuperCrewCab are 94.5x14x8.5. I took the tape measure out there and I could see how either length might work, but still not certain on which to order. Since most logic is pointing to SuperCrewCab, maybe I should just order those and if for some reason they are not the right ones, I can send them back and order the other ones.....I guess I'm just rambling here, but I thought someone more directly knowledgeable could give me a quick answer that might save me a return policy process!

Last edited by edevore; 02-27-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Supercab has suicide doors and a Supercrew is like a 4 door car like sedan type vehicle. The cab length on the 4 door will be longer.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The bolt pattern underneath may be different too. I could not find the whole brochure.
This has wheelbase in it:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/d...F-150%20v2.pdf

Old 03-06-2022, 10:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The wheelbase is the same. But the cab and bed lengths are different. Get the correct running boards for your cab/bed configuration. Otherwise you’ll have running boards that are either too short, or too long and the mounting locations also will be off.

Quick Reply: SuperCab vs SuperCrew Wheelbase