2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 Lariat Windshield Pump won't stop

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Lariat Windshield Pump won't stop

Hi,

This morning I started the truck and both windshield wipers and the fluid pump were running, even though the multiswitch was off. It got a bit warmer in the day and I went to see the issue. When I pressed the power on button, the pump was still working. I started the truck to see if I can do anything with the multiswitch but no success. At least the windshield wipers stopped but the windshield pump didn't.

I proceded to remove the multiswitch. Even without the switch the pump is running as soon as i press the power button.

Did anyone heard of same issue? I tried to see the wiring diagram to reset the pump but couldn't find a fuse dedicated for the pump.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Old 03-11-2022, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Flo150
Hi,

This morning I started the truck and both windshield wipers and the fluid pump were running, even though the multiswitch was off. It got a bit warmer in the day and I went to see the issue. When I pressed the power on button, the pump was still working. I started the truck to see if I can do anything with the multiswitch but no success. At least the windshield wipers stopped but the windshield pump didn't.

I proceded to remove the multiswitch. Even without the switch the pump is running as soon as i press the power button.

Did anyone heard of same issue? I tried to see the wiring diagram to reset the pump but couldn't find a fuse dedicated for the pump.

Any suggestions?

TIA
my son has a 2016 Ford f150 he's dealing with this same issue as we speak he's changed the fuse the pump and the part in the steering colum yet its still spraying fluid did you have any luck getting yours to stop if so what did ya do any help here would be appreciated.

Old 03-11-2022, 08:21 PM
I got lucky...

The connector to pump shares a ground wire to the pump.The harness connector was pretty loose going to the motor. You will need to strip the harness back carefully and resolder that wire.
I should have taken pictures but didn't. But easy to figure it out, when it happens, just play with the wires at the motor connector.

Quick Reply: 2015 Lariat Windshield Pump won't stop