F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2020 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2015-2020-f-150-136/)
-   -   Lowering a 4X4 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2015-2020-f-150/511084-lowering-4x4.html)

stuck screw 07-30-2016 01:48 PM

Once again. Not asking for any opinion or advice, and looking under the truck is in no way measuring, nor is measuring a different year model relevant to the 15-16.

Getting deep into the red herring weeds, yes the 4X4 has a knuckle, but the knuckle combined with the actual spindle do make what is commonly referred to as the spindle assembly. Same would be for any spindle where the axle is removable regardless of whether the wheel is driven. Whether the actual spindle can be detached from the knuckle is irrelevant to the question of differences in geometry.

It's amazing how many are incapable of either saying "I don't know" or remaining silent.

Scott91370 07-30-2016 04:00 PM

Have you searched anywhere but here? There is an entire world full of Internet that sells parts. sounds like you already know the answer you're looking for.

Patman 07-30-2016 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 5199610)
That was a waste of effort ....... :D

And yet he still won't accept my answers :rolleyes:

tbear853 07-30-2016 08:48 PM

Been better off to have just said "yes" and left it at that.

Nice evening in Iowa for a race it looks like! :coffee:

stuck screw 08-02-2016 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 5199610)
That was a waste of effort ....... :D

Couldn't agree more

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 5199695)
And yet he still won't accept my answers :rolleyes:

I did accept and thanked you for the one answer you gave. You, nor anyone else here answered the question of spindle geometry.

No sweat. Sorry to have interrupted the in depth discussions of gas mileage and leveling kits. I'll take the measurements when the time comes.

go-on3 08-02-2016 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Or you could take in what PatMan had to say. I learned alot from him when I lowered my 4x4 Lincoln Mark LT. PatMan is definitely the guy to ask when in doubt !

Bell-Tech struts in front , 3" Shackle and removed block for 3/5 drop with 305-45-22

Attachment 1822

stuck screw 08-04-2016 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by go-on3 (Post 5199887)
Or you could take in what PatMan had to say. ][/URL]

What part of "he did not answer my question" are you failing to understand? It was and remains a simple question: Is there a difference in spindle geometry? :deadhorse:

Patman 08-04-2016 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 5199599)
The answer is No. 4x4 doesn't have spindles

The answer is Yes the distance/angle/geometery/relationship between the upper and lower ball joints is the same

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Originally Posted by stuck screw (Post 5199870)
I did accept and thanked you for the one answer you gave. You, nor anyone else here answered the question of spindle geometry..

Originally Posted by stuck screw (Post 5199992)
What part of "he did not answer my question" are you failing to understand? It was and remains a simple question: Is there a difference in spindle geometry? :deadhorse:

Here we go again. :repost:

Now I know where the "stuck" part of your screen name comes from :think:

tbear853 08-04-2016 08:59 PM

If he ain't figured it out those several posts back ... :surrender:

stuck screw 08-08-2016 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 5199999)
Here we go again. :repost:

Now I know where the "stuck" part of your screen name comes from :think:

You being a mod I guess you are allowed to throw out childish comments. Fine with me. You and I both know you buried that information within a smartass semantics argument and it was not in any way an honest attempt to relay information. By definition: Although different, a 4X4 does have a spindle, but you already knew that now didn't you? What next, a motor vs. engine argument?

So, back on topic and an attempt at adult communication. You are saying the ball joint to ball joint dimension, and the axle location and angle within that dimension are the same? Are you saying the steering arm length and position are also the same?

Patman 08-08-2016 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by stuck screw (Post 5200166)
You being a mod I guess you are allowed to throw out childish comments. Fine with me. You and I both know you buried that information within a smartass semantics argument and it was not in any way an honest attempt to relay information.

Trust me I'm not trying to bully you. It felt like everything I said was falling on deaf ears

To be fair. I've been trying to help this entire time, if you choose not to read and understand (or try to understand) just because it isn't exactly the direct answer doesn't mean I'm not trying to help. bear with me here: Sometimes people need more information then they originally thought they needed to know, to get a better understanding of the answers given to them. Sometimes you need more than one puzzle piece to complete the whole picture

Several other people posted showing that I was trying to help and you just weren't picking up what I was laying down :angel:

Originally Posted by stuck screw (Post 5200166)
So, back on topic and an attempt at adult communication. You are saying the ball joint to ball joint dimension, and the axle location and angle within that dimension are the same? Are you saying the steering arm length and position are also the same?

Let's try and be grown men here and start over:

Literally everything is common shared parts where possible (helps reduce production costs)

The 4wd stands almost 2" taller. (Via the longer struts)

There are slight changes of geometry in relation to the angles of the arms, and steering components. The physical length of the LCA doesn't change, but it sits less parallel to the ground in the 4x4 variant.

In theory you could "delete" front CV axles and swap 2wd spindles and the truck would stand exactly the same

Do we have a better understanding?
Anything else I can try and clarify?