2015 - 2020 F-150

Interior spy shots and a few more exterior shots

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unless you like buying new lock cylinders don't let that big wad of keys hang out of the ignition switch. All that extra weight moving around wears out the tumblers and teeth on the key. My friend the locksmith loves people who do this, it puts easy money in his bank account.

I like to travel light. I only have the ignition key and a really light keychain in my pocket. All the other keys I have stay in the console or door pocket till they're needed.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I'll be running through ignition barrels . . .

Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 AM
This new truck has got me nervous. Will I still be able to order out a 2014 in summer of 14?

That screen with the keypad looks like it is off of a 1980s ATM machine.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
Not sure how I feel about the rectangular vents either, reminds me of my dads 1990 F150
Reminds me of a 2003 Dodge ram, or more like the ones from the current RAM. They look so dated. Ford came out with the circular ones in 04, and a lot of automakers have copied them.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 08FX4SC
This new truck has got me nervous. Will I still be able to order out a 2014 in summer of 14?

That screen with the keypad looks like it is off of a 1980s ATM machine.
I thought you were holding on to your 08 for a long time?

Old 12-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I thought you were holding on to your 08 for a long time?
Yeah, well how long can you hold out though when you think about it? What is going to come after the 2015 generation? Probably won't even have V-8s by then. If I don't get a 2014, I just might have to get a throw-away Civic or Focus to preserve my 08.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by 08FX4SC
Yeah, well how long can you hold out though when you think about it? What is going to come after the 2015 generation? Probably won't even have V-8s by then. If I don't get a 2014, I just might have to get a throw-away Civic or Focus to preserve my 08.
I can understand that. Are you worried about it holding up to rust and things like that?

Old 12-12-2013, 12:25 PM
I can understand that. Are you worried about it holding up to rust and things like that?
I have to drive a lot more now so I'll have to replace it faster than I once thought. The bugs on the new truck should be worked out by then but it is going to suck if the tow and payload capacity go down. The aluminum could be a disaster in the long-run and you can count me out if the V8 option goes away. I think they will go strictly with the Ecoboost in the future as more people choose it over the 5.0 and 6.2. I bet by the refresh the 5.0 is gone. It will be Ecoboost and an entry-level v-6 option. I guess I could always jump up to an F250, but you just cannot beat an F150 for an all around do everything truck. They are a lot easier do get around in and make better daily drivers. I'll prob have to get my front bumper repainted on my FX4 in the Spring. The salt is starting to cause rust spots where all the stone chips are. Other than that it is holding up good. I wash it as much as possible in the winter.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM

Ahhh. I don't know if I'd ever be willing to go without a V8 either. It'll be interesting to see how this aluminum does, though I don't think it will affect payload or towing at all. Still has a steel frame and only certain panels are going to be aluminum. I don't think Ford would let those decrease, unless it's marginal. I though you had both of your bumpers done in color-matched LineX?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Ahhh. I don't know if I'd ever be willing to go without a V8 either. It'll be interesting to see how this aluminum does, though I don't think it will affect payload or towing at all. Still has a steel frame and only certain panels are going to be aluminum. I don't think Ford would let those decrease, unless it's marginal. I though you had both of your bumpers done in color-matched LineX?
Just had the rear bumper done and my toolbox. If I decide to keep the truck for a lot longer I think I'm going to bite the bullet and have the front bumper and rocker panels done along with the fenders. That way I would never have to worry about salt. I get a sick feeling when I'm stuck behind a county truck salting the roads. It would be nice to just leave in the garage Nov - Apr, but then what is the point of having a truck in WI? Plus I don't think I could go 6 months without driving it.

I was under the impression that the whole truck was to be aluminum except for the frame, and that Ford will offer an all steel bed as an option. I bet that will only be an option on the XL though because they think only XL owners use their trucks for work. Even the XLT has a leather option now.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
You can see it on the column in image 9.
Different trim levels, Pic 1 shows no key hole

Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Still way to many buttons. Put more things on touch screen. Tesla has only a touch screen and its setup beautifully. Dodge has a cleaner setup in their rams.
Just so you know, on the models that have the touch screen, everything can be controlled by the touch screen, the buttons are not needed at all, but at times make it more convenient.

Originally Posted by Pockets
I've got a lot of keys on my key-chain for all the things that I do so not having them dangle around on the column is better for the ignition and why should I need to take my keys off my belt loop to start it when I could just get in sit down and hit a button.

I agree the one click is nice for starting but I'd prefer key-less push button
Sounds like you need bigger pokets for your keys

Quick Reply: Interior spy shots and a few more exterior shots