2015 - 2020 F-150

CD Player - Common Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Player - Common Problem?

Before I start, I'd like to point out that I know I'm the last person in America to buy and listen to CDs...

I purchased a 2018 Platinum recently as an upgrade for my 2009 FX4. What an absolutely amazing truck! The power and ride as so much better than my 2009. I wanted to check the capability of the B&O speakers so I popped in a CD which should give the best sound possible. For about 13 seconds I was in all of my glory, and then the CD stopped playing. I took it out, wiped off any fingerprints and put the CD back in. This time it played fine but then randomly the next day it stopped playing. I've now tried 2 other CDs with varying levels of success but ultimately the CDs all stop working either within seconds of putting them in or within a day.

Is this a known issue that can be fixed with a master reset, pulling and resetting the fuse, etc? If not I'll take it in to the dealership, but won't waste my time if this is an easy fix (I know, I know... the easy fix would be to join the 21st century and stream music, but I'm just not there!).

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would suggest bringing it into the dealer. It shouldn't be doing this.

I'm wondering if the laser pickup is messed up in the unit.

Quick Reply: CD Player - Common Problem?