2015 - 2020 F-150

Tire pressue and TPMS after a rotation

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joe t.
Mine came higher than what is on the door sticker too. Had like 44 in them, sticker says 35 I think.

No biggie, I am sure they are aiming for better safe than sorry. No telling where these trucks go or what happens to them after being shipped out. They probably put enough in so no matter how cold it is they stay within safe range
Mine calls for 40# on the door sticker, all 4 of mine read 28#when I drove it home from the dealership after purchasing it.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine had 38 in all of them. I run 40 in the front and 35 in the rear unless I am hauling something. If you get to much air pressure, you can actually make it more dangerous because you reduce the contact patch on the ground and reduce grip. 45 is a bit much for normal driving. Used to be all big cars and pickups ran 32 psi front and back.

For what it's worth, I mark my tires when they rotate them, and I almost always have to make them redo it. But I tell them to X rotate them, and they never do. They always do front to back and thats not what I ask for, so they get to do it again.

Quick Reply: Tire pressue and TPMS after a rotation