2015 - 2020 F-150

Removing the headrest on the "middle" front seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a one week old 2015... I have had mine removed for exactly... one week. I have to admit that I had a bear of a time getting my fingers between the rest and the seat so that I could pinch the release... took a bit of effort, but once I got to the releases, it came right out.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
Is this possible? I find the headrest on the front seat on the 2015's extremely obnoxious. My 2005 did not have this, and I like to put my arm up and rest it between my seat and the passenger seat. I can't do this with the dumb headrest there. No one is ever going to be sitting there anyway, so I want it gone!
Lift the edge of the headrest on the driver's side, and you will see the button. The button for the passenger side post is on the inside and not the outside. You will have to wedge your finger on the inside of the passenger side post to get to the button. It will then slide right out.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveTheBeave
Lift the edge of the headrest on the driver's side, and you will see the button. The button for the passenger side post is on the inside and not the outside. You will have to wedge your finger on the inside of the passenger side post to get to the button. It will then slide right out.
Yeah, I did it almost a year ago. Did you notice how old this post was?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by crazynip
Yeah, I did it almost a year ago. Did you notice how old this post was?
Yes I did, ****.

But since you didn't indicate that you got it, I was just giving detailed instructions on how to do it. Not necessarily for you, but for others who are looking for the solution.

That's how forums work. You ask a question. People respond with an answer and you reply back that you got it and thank them.

I was hoping that figured it out by now. Good job.

Last edited by Patman; 08-13-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Thanks Steve. I appreciate the assistance!

Quick Reply: Removing the headrest on the "middle" front seat