2015 - 2020 F-150

New 2015 f-150 and Patriot tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2015 f-150 and Patriot tonneau cover

My first Ford ever. After my 2003 Silverado's frame rotted out to un-inspectable status (also pretty much unrepariable) after 84,000 miles. Full discloser (I also had a Tahoe that was sweet and ran for 16 years and sold to someone who is still using it).

Anyway. crewcab, xlt with chrome package, 5.0L V8. Center console. Bronze Fire Metallic paint. Ruby red was our first choice but It's pretty popular as any with the configurations we wanted were mostly sold. This Bronze one was our second choice. Looks better in the sunlight. i"m pretty much blown away by this vehicle after being with older ones for so long. What a pleasure. I have a 14 ft all aluminum cargo conversion camper. So, low weight being towed. Right now I'm averaging 21.4 mpg (no towing yet) on my first 1300 miles. This is calculated by truck and hand. Coming out to about the same either way.

Two days after getting it I hauled it over the the only Krown indercoating place in the east. Vermont (from Maine) My goal is to turn my care of the frame into a religion. I'm 60 and have had 5 vehicles in my life. The longer you keep them (if you can!) the less they cost you.

I ordered husky molded mats, the husky box for under the back seat, husky mud flaps and the bed rug as I'm done hauling cement, rocks, and dirt. Now it's stuff from home depot and groceries, and a trailer. We've logged about 20,000 miles on the last two vehicles and trailers. since 2010. visiting all but two of the 48 continental states. We're not done. This vehicle is and will be a pleasure to travel long distance with. I just installed the Patriot tonneau cover. Ordered it online, free shipping. Saved $300 by installing it myself. BTW... 2 hours to unbox. 30 minutes to install.

I really like this vehicle. More than any I've owned. I want to love it. I hope it doesn't make me hate it like my Silverado did... fingers crossed.

Here's a few picts. My camera doesn't handle bright sky well....

Last edited by Daniel Gagner; 12-10-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Quick Reply: New 2015 f-150 and Patriot tonneau cover