2015 - 2020 F-150

Do you own a 2015? If so, what is your experience to date??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my 15 SC 3.5 EB for almost a year now and 14500 trouble free miles so far.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Truck is excellent. Quality is good. Had some areas under the door jams painted where they were not completely painted at the factory. Dealer looked after it and everything else is fine. No leather as its an upgraded XL 4x4 reg cab with 6 1/2 foot box. Has the 2.7 engine and it is plenty lively and lots of power. I drive it fairly easy for the most part and get 30-32 mpg (combined city/highway about 50% each) on the Canadian Imperial gallon so reduce by 20% for US gallon or around 25mpg US. It looks great with hard tonneau and upgraded wheels. Overall I would rate it excellent and exceeds my expectations. The aluminum body is a huge plus here with the salty roads in winter. It gets the Krown rustproofing treatment and expect it will be good as new for a long time. Sounds like you go top of the line and for sure it will be great.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Trying to reply to thread

I have tried twice now with a lengthy reply and this site will no take it when I hit the submit button.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:48 AM
I've been buying Ford trucks for 22 years, I've had 8 f150s in that span so I would have considered myself a die hard. Unfortunately this new 2015 f150 will probably be my last Ford truck as I've had nothing but trouble. To start off, I custom ordered my lariat and the payload I was told it would have was 2200lbs according to the deal and all the Ford literature. When the truck showed up the door sticker says 1575 lbs. then my rear door was loose and hanging low. There is a known issue with these door locks freezing, my rear doors do it frequently but apparently there's a fix for it through the dealer. I lost my first 4x4 actuator within 2000 kms, I've had 4 more since that time and I'm only at 36000km now. The integrated brake controller doesn't work, there's no output from the pedal. I realized this when towing an 8000lbs trailer throw some really steep terrain, my brake rotors got so hot they warped. When I brought it in for servicing they spent 6 months trying to figure out what was wrong with the controller only to finally tell me it was a poor design and there was nothing else they could do, the pedal output is only approx. 20% I'd have to use the lever on the brake controller for more??? This is a known issue and is currently under investigation by transport Canada. Apparently Ford recognized the issue because in 2016 the brake controller software now has 3 levels of pedal output. To top it off, they wouldn't cover my warped rotors under warranty because they weren't defective, they warped because of the failed brake controller...around and around we go. I've been dealing with these issues for over a year and Ford has offered nothing. As for the aluminum body's, I hope you just highway drive and don't expect to use this truck for work. The body panels are extremely thin and weak. Very easy to puncture as I've seen rocks from passing cars penetrate the panels. The bed floor is the same, be extremely careful when loading anything rigid as it will rip like paper...

Aside from all the issues, I have the 3.5 ecoboost and love this engine. It has a ton of power and tows far better then my previous v8. However, it is a little harder on gas then advertised. Especially if you want a lift or bigger tires. I added 35s and my fuel mileage went from 12L/100km to 15L/100km, still not bad considering. My father has the same truck in a V8 and overall he tends to get better fuel mileage then my ecoboost.

Quick Reply: Do you own a 2015? If so, what is your experience to date??