Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 F-150 SuperCrew and QuickJack 7000 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 F-150 SuperCrew and QuickJack 7000 questions

Hi,

Looking for anyone using the BendPak QuickJack to lift their F-150 SuperCrew for comments on their experiences.

I'm using the BL-7000EXT, and while it works great on my wife's Hyundai, I'm a bit concerned about use with the F-150 SC. I did a test lift with the F-150 and while there was no issue raising the truck, when lowering I did notice a SUV pad adapters "slip" along the truck frame rail and another "tilt" after the tires contacted the garage floor.

I'm guessing that as this jack requires some front-to-back movement to operate, that something has to give. Either the tires have to slide across the floor, the jack base slides, or the adapters slide across the frame rails or tilt. Releasing the parking brake / trans in neutral before a lift is not a good option. Scanning through the QuickJack operation guide also did not result in any advice.

The fact that it's random as to whether a SUV pad adapter will slip or tilt concerns me most as perhaps the wrong combination could cause a corner to fall. I've asked QuickJack for advice as to how to avoid this situation and the reply is still pending. This seems to not be a problem for vehicles with less suspension travel and of course without using the SUV adapters.

I'm considering placing small folded plastic tarps under each wheel to allow some slip during the raise / lower process. My thinking is I'd rather have the tires slide a bit than the jack or contact points.

Quick Reply: 2012 F-150 SuperCrew and QuickJack 7000 questions