2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Light Bar Placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light Bar Placement

I was wondering how people have placed light bars and if they like the placement. I live in the country and now have been doing so mutch driving at night I would like the extra light to fell a bit safer. I was thinking of just mounting it to back rack that is already going on the truck soon then I don't have to drill into the roof.

2014 F150 Crew Cab STX 5.0

Old 12-06-2017, 06:40 PM
depends really on where you want the light, or what you want it for, The lower the speed the shorter distance the light needs to cover. the higher the speed the longer the light will have to stretch in front of you to give you a longer reaction time.

- Ditch Lights (50 to 75 ft)- you can use the back rack just fine and aim them toward the ditches to light up what you need. make sure they are not going to reflect back in the side mirrors.
- Distance Lights (250 plus ft) or roads with higher speed limits - I would recommend a roof rack to mount the lights to (you can get these in a no drill mount system) keep them as close to the front of the roof as possible without lighting up the hood as it will reflect and will decrease your ability to see the light you are putting out there.
Mid range (100 to 150 ft) (medium speed roads) - go with a bumper mount light with a combo of spot and flood if you are using LED.
Fog Lights (0 to 50 ft) - you will have to run them as close to the ground as possible (specifically with a fog lense to disperse light to the sides and a short distance out front)

HTH
Jason

Old 12-27-2017, 07:37 PM
You could try this: