2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Navigation System Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation System Update

I was having problems with my navigation system that came with the truck. The target icon was always off. I installed the map update. SAME PROBLEM.
I went in for my free oil change. They did a routine check of the truck and found out the battery was weak. They installed a free battery. After I reset the map and everything works now.

Not sure why it didn't work after the first update.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my '09 FX4 since new. About a year ago I noticed some weird stuff happening with the NAV system. Also some other weird stuff like my reverse sensors beeping when they shouldn't sometimes and stuff like that. The battery checked out as "OK" but not in the green

I was always suspect of such a small factory battery anyway being only 540 CCA.

Had it replaced at the Ford dealer with a 750 CCA and all the weirdness stopped. The factory battery lasted 6.5 years so good enough.

I've seen similar things with my diesel tractor. When these batteries just start to go they will start causing weird things. I think they start to get some shorting internally - and also intermittent low power which these electronics don't like.

I wouldn't worry about your NAV - I can say that the battery was the cause.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This ^^^

Back when I had my 07 the battery got weak and caused all sorts of weird things, dealer replaced battery under warranty and all was good, until the second battery did the same thing. By then I was out of warranty so I bought the highest CCA battery I could find and never had another issue.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, glad (maybe not) that someone else has had that nav issue. had it this morning (not the first time). was like 300 feet off.