2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger side floor wet

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New update!!!!

okay i have found my leak but onto the next question how to fix it.... the vent that takes air from outside of the truck and brings it into the cab ( its under neath the plastic cover between the hood and window) when spraying it with a water hose down the vent its leaking into the cab. any idea on how to fix it? i took it to ford they want 1400 just to pull the dash and look at it......

Last edited by jacob.johns.jj; 01-17-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:25 AM
okay so i took the passenger interior of the truck completely out. i checked the satellite radio and there is no leak at all. so i then moved to the windshield and there i found no leak. i then moved to the vents that bring outside air into the cab if you don't have your AC on recirculate and there i found water dumping into my cab. does anyone have an idea of a fix for this? ford wants 1400 dollars to pull the dash and look at it not including any parts that just to look at the leak..... ill sell it for a steal of a price before i pay ford that kind of money to just look at it

Old 01-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So the seal between the firewall and the air box has failed? If so that's a sucky job. The dash has to come out to completely replace that seal. Pulling a dash isn't especially hard but is still a very not fun job. You might be able to use RTV or some other type of sealant to plug the bad part of the seal.

However, I can't ever recall hearing about one of these failing. It's not a moving part and the truck isn't old enough for the seal to have gone bad. Was your truck wrecked at some point and not repaired correctly? Look around the area and see if there's mismatched paint, cracked paint or deformations in the structure. If the firewall was bent and not straightened there could be a gap between the firewall and air box that's larger than the seal. If that's the case you might have to use a couple of seals and/or sealant to make it waterproof.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Same thing with mine

Originally Posted by Wookie
Look at the sound proofing on the passenger side firewall around the drain. Sometimes it can swell and the outer layer will end up beyond the end of the drain tube and the water will leak back into the cab. Smash the insulation down, the outside is metallic, and run a thick bead of RTV around the tube. There's a TSB out for the 2011 trucks for this.
Found the carpet and insulation soaked on passenger floor side of my 2010 F150 Lariat Super Crew. Had the passenger seat already pulled out to fix the sunroof, so pulled carpet back and allowed ventilation to dry out several days. Bought the 90 fitting to slip on the existing drain fitting from local Ford dealer for $18. I too check for obstruction in the drain line but detected none. While underneath the vehicle to install it, I discover that the firewall insulation is pulled away a bit from the firewall, creating a "bowl" for the escaping condensation to collect into. Pressed the insulation back to the firewall and secured with HVAC metal tape.