2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I can't be the only one this happens to, SYNC and TPMS issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't be the only one this happens to, SYNC and TPMS issue

I have a 2013 F150 5.0 roughly 89 thousand miles on it. Today on my way to work I had the bluetooth issue, then on my way back. I had the TPMS warning go off. Not sure if they are related but I'm going to start keeping track if they happen at the same time. more on each issue below: .

Bluetooth/ SYNC issue: It seems like once a month my sync just stops recognizing speech and won't connect to my phone via bluetooth for music. I can press the voice button and it asks what I want but then doesn't react to anything I say. I have to pull the sync fuse on the passenger side box and reset it then reconnect my phone every time. its getting pretty obnoxious. I have an Iphone 6s Plus if that is useful for any reason

TPMS issue: again it seems like a monthly or maybe every two months my tire pressure sensors lose their connection with the computer. I have determined that is what is happening because I can check my pressures and they are the same, and then I have to go through the TPMS learning process with the hazard button and deflating until it honks and all that. Then the light goes away for a while. then eventually comes back with out any cause that I am able to discern.

anyone else have similar issues? not sure if it's a software thing or just a fluke to try to make my head explode or what...

Old 08-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some strange issues a while ago which were very random. SYNC doing strange things - NAV screen doing strange things - getting random warnings in the dash. One thing or another would happen once a month - sometimes a little more frequently.

End of story is my battery was going bad. No issues whatsoever starting but it must have been starting to short out internally at random times. New battery and no issues since.

The only other thing I could think of is a ground - but being your truck is only 3 years old that isn't all that likely - but may be worth checking.

And when this was happening I had my battery load tested at the dealership when having maintenance done. It load tested OK - just ~20% less than the battery rating.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by ThesunIsaw
I have a 2013 F150 5.0 roughly 89 thousand miles on it. Today on my way to work I had the bluetooth issue, then on my way back. I had the TPMS warning go off. Not sure if they are related but I'm going to start keeping track if they happen at the same time. more on each issue below: .

Bluetooth/ SYNC issue: It seems like once a month my sync just stops recognizing speech and won't connect to my phone via bluetooth for music. I can press the voice button and it asks what I want but then doesn't react to anything I say. I have to pull the sync fuse on the passenger side box and reset it then reconnect my phone every time. its getting pretty obnoxious. I have an Iphone 6s Plus if that is useful for any reason

TPMS issue: again it seems like a monthly or maybe every two months my tire pressure sensors lose their connection with the computer. I have determined that is what is happening because I can check my pressures and they are the same, and then I have to go through the TPMS learning process with the hazard button and deflating until it honks and all that. Then the light goes away for a while. then eventually comes back with out any cause that I am able to discern.

anyone else have similar issues? not sure if it's a software thing or just a fluke to try to make my head explode or what...
Hi ThesunIsaw,

More than likely the SYNC and TPMS issues aren't connected. I recommend bringing this up to the dealer because it is a constant issue.

Keep me posted.

Shaay

Old 08-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Just a weird FYI, I have a USB to cigarette outlet adapter I use the charge my phone that when plugged in and after driving for 30 miles or so, sets off the TPMS light and message. Took me forever to figure out because I only used that adapter every few weeks and usually drive short distances. It must have some weird signal that blocks the TPMS signal. I don't use my Bluetooth so not sure it messes with that. May not be exactly your problem, but maybe something you don't use every trip or you only take short trips and on long ones it is interupping the signal

Quick Reply: I can't be the only one this happens to, SYNC and TPMS issue