Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No A/C help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No A/C help!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right area or not but please be patient with me. I have a 2010 F-150 FX4 w/ the 5.4 v8. The issue I'm having as stated in the title is that my A/C does not work. The compressor kicks on and the lines get ice cold however when I push the A/C button and turn the temp gauge to the cold setting I only get hot air. I have the standard climate control not the dual climate control in my truck. I'm wondering if I have a bad blend door actuator but I'm not sure. When I adjust the temperature **** I don't hear anything not a click or a suction sound or anything. I'm hoping you guys might have some insight on the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-24-2016, 08:43 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Check the blend door and its actuator.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
You can take the heater hose off of the heater core from under the hood. Reroute it back to the engine so that the heater core is not getting any hot coolant and the A/C will probably work better than ever. I put a quarter turn valve inline with the 2004 I had. The A/C was never cold in that truck until I put the valve in. The blend door is most likely your issue.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate all the help guys! Ran up to the local auto parts store today and picked up a new actuator. I installed the new part and the A/C definitely seems to be working better however, now it seems like the temperature stays in between hot and cold. Before I swapped the parts alls I could get was scorching heat. Now no matter if it's on the hot or cold setting its remains the same in between temperature... �� I am at a loss. I tried "calibrating" it by removing the fuse for 1 minute and then after I reinstalled the fuse I turned the key to the on position and didn't touch anything for 30 seconds as I saw on a video. Don't know if it even did anything. Any ideas?

Labnerd:
That quarter turn valve is a great idea! I know the A/C on these vehicles has never been great and that makes a lot of sense. I'm going to do that to my truck as soon as I get this problem all figured out

Quick Reply: No A/C help!