2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brake Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Where are you getting that info from? The factory front brakes are 350mm or 13.78" the rears are 348mm or 13.70" If the 150's came with 15" front brakes from the factory, the smallest factory wheel you could fit would be a 20", and we all know that the base wheel diameter is 17".
Crap! You're right, I had the numbers backwards in my head. But, 350mm is a common size rotor which would make swapping calipers easier to do. The 18Z Brembros from Cayenne, Q7, Touareg might work and a few Benzs run that size too. Next time I have my front wheels off I'm going to do some measuring.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RSTHD150
Having more Pistons for braking is what makes all the difference. You may need to change the brake master cylinder and booster due to the added volume of brake fluid displacement. Having a floating caliper has its pros and cons. I know first hand having had a sports car people were warping rotors left and right. Less tolerance compared to having a floating caliper. Changing the composition of pad and rotor does not necessarily increase brake performance, adding mechanical braking power does.
Are you also going to hire a company to recalibrate your ABS/ESP/Traction Control?

Be advised that drastic changes to your wheels and brake system will change the performance of your safety systems too!

Old 10-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do not need to recalibrate abs, or said mentioned parts. All of those parts get their information from wheel speed sensors. If wheel locks up, hydraulic pressure is relieved from that wheel.

Quick Reply: Brake Upgrade