2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 instrument cluster

Old 08-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 instrument cluster

I have a 2010 F150 XLT.
for about a week my instrument cluster will not go thru its self test.
(the gauges will rotate then set to there proper location) and the air wont blow cold when this happens also the led that has the information box does not come on. some times we tap on the dash and it comes back on but when I go over a bump it goes off,
now I am hoping that it may be a loose connector and not the whole cluster,
my question is removing the dash to inspect the cluster and if it is the cluster can it be replaced or repaired? I haven't seen a vid or anything on the removal of this year dash so I thought I'd ask before I tare into it, thanks for any help

Last edited by BobChiz; 08-02-2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by BobChiz
I have a 2010 F150 XLT.
for about a week my instrument cluster will not go thru its self test.
(the gauges will rotate then set to there proper location) and the air wont blow cold when this happens also the led that has the information box does not come on. some times we tap on the dash and it comes back on but when I go over a bump it goes off,
now I am hoping that it may be a loose connector and not the whole cluster,
my question is removing the dash to inspect the cluster and if it is the cluster can it be replaced or repaired? I haven't seen a vid or anything on the removal of this year dash so I thought I'd ask before I tare into it, thanks for any help
Try this...
Remove the cluster panel trim.
Carefully push/wiggle/ and pull on the female connector that plugs into the cluster panel. You may be able to create the problem.
My problem is a bad female connector. I gently forced a piece of wooden shim behind the female connector and all is good, eventually the shim will move and need to reseat.
I plan on cutting the female end off and wiring a new connector, if the new connector comes with long enough tails.
Ford told me its the cluster panel.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:00 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
I would hope the issue is fixed by now, that post was made almost 3 years ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 instrument cluster