2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Should I lift and tire question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I lift and tire question

So, I have a 2011 F150 XLT SCrew with 4wd. I installed a level kit on it but never upgraded my tires. I was told 35's would fit my truck and may slightly rub. Well, its been a 2 years since then and I never upgraded but now I may.

So, I like the looks of 35's on a leveled truck vs 33's. Id love to get that look of the tires poking out a bit, but Im not sure how that is acquired. Is that the tire width? If I ran just some All Terrian 35's on my truck, how would it affect the MPG?

I have also THOUGHT about adding a lift kit to my truck. Now I have done 0 research on this beside a quick google search. How much would a lift kit set me back? I want the cheapest I can get. Im leaning towards a 4in lift, but I saw a 6in at the same price.

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Tire width, wheel width, and wheel offset will all play into how far the tires stick out. Changing wheels however to something to give you a wider stance will greatly increase your chance of rubbing with 35's.

Depending on the gears and how wide of 35's you plan to run I'd expect to lose 1-3 mpg.

Cheapest lift kit is probably going to be the Rough Country 4" which is normally around $1200 but is on sale for $1000 currently, which is the same price their 6" is on sale for. Then I'd expect to pay around $5-700 for labor and alignment for the install.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Tire width, wheel width, and wheel offset will all play into how far the tires stick out. Changing wheels however to something to give you a wider stance will greatly increase your chance of rubbing with 35's.

Depending on the gears and how wide of 35's you plan to run I'd expect to lose 1-3 mpg.

Cheapest lift kit is probably going to be the Rough Country 4" which is normally around $1200 but is on sale for $1000 currently, which is the same price their 6" is on sale for. Then I'd expect to pay around $5-700 for labor and alignment for the install.
Ok then. IF i do install a lift, I would go with the 6in. May call around locally and get some quotes on a lift. What do you think I should do? Lift and tires or just keep the level and get tires and something else.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Depends on your budget and what your plans are for the truck. If it was me and I had the money for a lift, tires, and wheels I'd do it but those three things are at the top of the list for the plans for my truck haha.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Well, I think im gonna go tires first, probably 35's. Read that they should fit fine with only minor trimming. I will figure out the lift later. Would 35's with a 12.5 width allow for the tires to poke out a bit with a lift?

Quick Reply: Should I lift and tire question