F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2009 - 2014 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150-105/)
-   -   Moved to Texas, Had to Buy a 2013 F150 King Ranch (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150/492330-moved-texas-had-buy-2013-f150-king-ranch.html)

KMAC0694 01-20-2014 09:06 PM

It was barely dirty before! It's getting spoiled haha. Looks good :thumbsup:

il_duce 01-20-2014 09:10 PM

She gets a bath every two weeks whether she likes it or not!!

KMAC0694 01-20-2014 09:29 PM

Mine's had 2 since August . . . lol. She's likely getting another one this week though.

txsmokeater 01-27-2014 01:54 AM

Nice ride. I too have the tuxedo black solid tone KR. I love the way it sparkles when it is freshly washed. I like the look you gave it with the level kit and tires. Good job.

il_duce 01-27-2014 08:57 AM

Thanks txsmokeater!

So I took the truck to the dealership on Wed to have the speedo recalibrated. I called first to make sure they could do it. I must have asked the guy 5 times if they can 1.) do any size tire, and 2.) if they could do my specific size. He assured me that they could do my exact tire size. He even shouted over to his buddy and asked him and he said that they could. So I pay for one hour of service ($119) and they finish in about an hour. I take it on the highway and there is zero change. When the speedo reads 65MPH, I'm actually doing 68-69. So I call the guy back and tell him the deal. He apologizes and says to bring it back in. I asked him once again if they could do it or not. He assured me they were capable of getting it as close as possible.

So I go back in Saturday and talk to a different guy. He tells me that they can only get so close and if they did it once, that was as close as they would ever get. So I told him that I want my money back since I was told it could be done and it couldn't. If I were told that it couldn't be done from the beginning, I would have never paid for it. They refunded my money, no problem there. He agreed. But then he tells me the only way to get it right is to put a tuner on there. I said, "yeah, I know, but doesn't that void the warranty?" He said, "yes."

Anyway...I've read on other posts and forums that people with the exact same tire size had theirs recalibrated at the dealership. I guess I just need to find a dealership that is actually capable of it. But I've also read that the dealership is only capable of recalibrating for stock tire sizes. So a lot of mixed reviews there. I guess if it comes down to it, I can live with the speedo/odometer being off. I would just prefer it to be right so I don't have to do math while I'm driving.

mossbum 01-29-2014 03:57 PM

There is always this option.

http://www.hypertech.com/products-sp...alibrator.aspx

05RedFX4 01-29-2014 04:05 PM

That's basically a stripped down tuner that only allows you to change tire size and or gear ratio. Good idea if you put on a non stock size tire or non stock gears.

il_duce 01-29-2014 04:09 PM

Thanks mossbum. I've seen this in my search. I'm pretty sure it changes code in the PCM just like a tuner does. So in that sense, if I'm going to do it, I might as well get a tuner. I am leaning towards a tuner at this point. I've actually done a lot of reading/research on the Diablo Intune. DiabloMike has a pretty good presence on this forum and I've read a lot of his posts concerning the product and warranty issues. They market it as "undetectable" when the truck is returned to stock. It would look the same as if I had unplugged my battery for 30 minutes or longer. I don't have a need/want for custom tunes either, but even if I did, I can get custom tunes on the Diablo Intune. I actually PM'd Mike about my concern about dealers making updates to the PCM and how that would effect the product. Once I get confirmation on that, I think I'm sold.

il_duce 01-29-2014 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got bored searching the internet today and stumbled upon a thread on...ahem...that "other" forum with some pretty sweet MFT wallpapers. I hadn't even thought of doing this until I saw this thread. I borrowed a couple that I thought were pretty cool, but stuck with this one:

Attachment 9672

It looks pretty sweet. Blends in really well with the truck and is a free mod to add some personality to the interior.

05RedFX4 01-29-2014 07:15 PM

If you want to make your own, the recommended size is 800 x 378

The wife likes to put pics of the kids on hers. I have a bunch of generic pics for mine.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll upload them into my gallery and you, or anyone else can borrow any one you want.

il_duce 01-29-2014 07:17 PM

I also just started a new thread so people could share theirs as well. Hopefully we can get some Photshop savvy people on there and come up with some cool stuff like the ones on f150forum.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sy...allpapers.html

kclm7 02-03-2014 10:28 AM

+1 Subscribed!

I really like those new taillights. Are they the same as other trims like the FX4?

il_duce 02-03-2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by kclm7 (Post 5058613)
+1 Subscribed!

I really like those new taillights. Are they the same as other trims like the FX4?

Yup. Same ones that the FX2, FX4, and Raptor has now. It was a fairly cheap upgrade ($122) and looks much better on a dark truck than the stock chrome looking ones.

il_duce 02-05-2014 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally took a decent night pic of my LED puddle lamps. They really light up the side of the truck and the ground well.

Attachment 9593

il_duce 02-06-2014 07:14 PM

Well, I've decided what my next mod is going to be. I forgot that I was still due my fantasy football winnings from this year so I'm going to use that to buy some tow mirrors. Do I tow? Nope. Do I like the look. Yup. I don't think I would do it if I didn't have a level and bigger, more aggressive tires. But I like the look with that combo. I hope to have them within the next week or two and will be installing them myself