2009 - 2014 F-150

Any suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestions??

My truck has everything except the garage door buttons on the sun visor. Good news is i scored 1 cheap. Hooked up n works fine.

Prob is that it is a different color. Got a tan visor bc i thought mine was tan. Its not. Slightly off. Not a big deal bc it doesnt stand out too much.

Can i dye fabric? Or swap garage buttons to old visor? Any way to take fabric off visor without screwing it up?

Thanks

Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I have dyed carpet in cars a million times. But in that case it doesn't matter because it doesn't have to match anything.. Unless it is some sort of factory dye product I think it would be pretty hard to match it to the point that you can't tell. Removing and re wrapping fabric also doesn't sound like any fun. Id look into swapping the buttons, but that's just me.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 PM

Even swapping the buttons id prob have to remove fabric i think.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:08 AM

Anyone every take 1 apart? Is it possible?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:29 AM

Well...after a little searching on the net, its done!!

I managed to take cover off old visor n switch it over to new visor. Also swapped mirror n couple other pieces. Only thing i couldnt swap was the main bar that runs through. Would have to split inner visor in half n dont think thats possible. Cant really c the bar anyway so no big deal.

Everything turned out good except i managed to snap off a tab on the homelink cover. No big deal. Guna order 1 that matches instead of painting the other 1.

Wish sum1 had a write up or utube video. Wouldve helped. I would say id make a video, but dont plan on doing that ever again.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:55 AM

Ford doesnt sell just the plate. So gotta paint this 1 n get it back on there.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, came across your post a little late. I bought just the Home Link module off eBay to put in my Super Duty. Took the fabric off the visor, put the HL module in, put the fabric back on. It was a royal PITA, but it worked. It helps that I spent my college years working in an upholstery shop so I knew what I was getting into.

Quick Reply: Any suggestions??