2009 - 2014 F-150

Homelink Problems

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homelink Problems

Anyone having problems programming their visor remote garage door opener? I tried to program mine thinking it was a Homelink system like all the other Fords I've owned. Finally found out it was a Car2U remote and it would not work with my Craftsman door openers unless I bought a converter from Car2U. Anyone else having problems?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
I had the same problem.Car2U sent me a converter at no charge.Push them a little and see what happens..

Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks ad2tude, never thought of pushing Car2U but I am going to have a conversation with Ford. Bought a GT500 and a truck within the last 3 months and both of them require this converter. Mustang was all Homelink in owners manual, finally figured it out.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Same issues. Im pissed as heck. I have had cars from all the other manufactures and love not having the stupid door opener buttons clipped to my visor.

I am very disappointed with Ford for choosing a technology that requires us to buy more stuff to make it work.

ad2tude what logic did you use with Car2U to convince them to comp you a converter? I would like to try the same tactic....

Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by dozerike
Same issues. Im pissed as heck. I have had cars from all the other manufactures and love not having the stupid door opener buttons clipped to my visor.

I am very disappointed with Ford for choosing a technology that requires us to buy more stuff to make it work.

ad2tude what logic did you use with Car2U to convince them to comp you a converter? I would like to try the same tactic....
That was two years ago. I really can't recall what I said to them,sorry.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM
I know with the liftmaster door opener I have, the homelink programming instructions didn't work. I had to use the Car2u ones, but it didn't require a converter though.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 PM
The determining factor for needing a converter is the age of your opener. Person on the phone at Lear asked for the model number on the opener and told me it required a converter. Mine are 20-25 yesrs old. I received my converter yesterday, going to try to make it work today.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Programmed the converter today, pretty easy setup. Just hate having another piece of hardware hanging in the ceiling. Made a call to Ford Customer Service today to try to get reimbursed for the converter. They didn't say no and said the case would be sent to service manager at my dealer. We will see..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Homelink Problems