F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2009 - 2014 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150-105/)
-   -   Ecoboost complaints...... (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150/453862-ecoboost-complaints.html)

Dtm030 09-29-2011 12:15 AM

The only complaint I have is that I love driving it and put lots of miles on it for no reason. Such a nice truck, so quiet and I'm getting great mileage even with 3.73 gears over 430M a tank.

ED- You got that one-off bad one I guess. I've seen you write on many forums about it now. Maybe lemon law? I am glad you are seeing some results. Hope you can like yours as much as I do mine. How many miles do you drive a year?

pgh_medic 09-29-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by glc (Post 4688941)
You ARE kidding, right?

Why, did I say something wrong? :o

Of course I am.

ecoboost mike 09-29-2011 05:11 PM

Except for the ac problem they can't seem to figure out, I love my truck..It is my forth f150 and Couldn't ask for anything more on the way it drives and handle..The AC issue could have happened on any truck

royalredf150 10-07-2011 10:39 PM

I have a 2010 XLT with 9,000 miles on it,suppose to go to the dealership in the morning maybe trading for an EB but after reading these horror stories idk.I think that truck is possessed by satan.Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having and hope everything works out for ya.

pgh_medic 10-08-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by royalredf150 (Post 4695180)
I have a 2010 XLT with 9,000 miles on it,suppose to go to the dealership in the morning maybe trading for an EB but after reading these horror stories idk.I think that truck is possessed by satan.Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having and hope everything works out for ya.

Understand what this is, its a web forum. This forum is a place that people seek out for usually 1 of 3 things. To find out more about their truck, to complain about their truck or to brag about their truck.

So, for every "horror story" you hear about an EB, id say there are thousands of satisfied EB owners (me).

Every power train, new or old is gonna have its issues, the EB is no exception. I did my homework, obsessed over reports, videos and information and made the decision that was best for me. So, if a dozen or so people on here that have had terrible experiences with their EB is enough to deter you, you are in luck, as the other 3 engines Ford has to offer are amazing.

DraKhen99 10-23-2011 10:51 PM

I can only hope I have better luck with my 2011 EcoBoost F150 than I did with my 2009 Lincoln MKS and 2010 Nissan Maxima.

The Lincoln's brakes squeaked and failed from the 5k mark, I traded it in at 10.6k for the Maxima, which then had sunroof issues (intermittent short), a horribly-designed and broken driver's seat, rear power sunshade issues, and squeaks and rattles at 20k. Traded it in at 21.5k (on 10/19) for my EB, happy so far.

I had some hard shifts at first, but it's settled down now, and the SYNC system got hung up last night, but waiting a few minutes and then restarting got it all working again.

Love my truck!

Biggest complaint: I'm only getting 14.4 MPG, with about 50 hwy miles, 150 city (stop-and-go) miles. I'm guessing that at about 5k the gas mileage will improve, and again at about 15k (these points seem to be where the engine brakes in on other vehicles I've had).

Thanks,

-John

earthcreeper 10-24-2011 10:07 AM

EcoBoost Mileage

I have been able to improve mileage significantly by turning OFF the "Traction Control" feature when I get in the truck. I have electronic 3.73 rear end. When in the snow and heavy rain I will leave it on but otherwise....

05supercrew 10-24-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by earthcreeper (Post 4705710)
I have been able to improve mileage significantly by turning OFF the "Traction Control" feature when I get in the truck. I have electronic 3.73 rear end. When in the snow and heavy rain I will leave it on but otherwise....

Thats interesting, I going to try this for the next few days.

WesternStar301 10-27-2011 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS (Post 4682807)
.......The gear indicator on the dash now shows up by default every time the truck is in "D"....

When in "D" tap the "+" or "-" on the gearshift to toggle the gear indicator.

WesternStar301 10-27-2011 01:22 AM

I agree turbos are too quiet :)

DraKhen99 10-27-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by WesternStar301 (Post 4707693)
When in "D" tap the "+" or "-" on the gearshift to toggle the gear indicator.

LOL, I was in 6th gear and pressed the "-" button ... oops - it kicked down into 5th gear. I didn't think the F-150's transmission would do that, but I guess mine does. Since then, I've used it to "lock out" upper gears, just to test my theory.

What I've found is that whichever gears are "lit up", the truck will go into those. So if you press "-" twice, and the 6 and 5 disappear, you'll be stuck in gears 1-4.

Pretty neat trick, should come in handy in the snow or going downhill.

-John

CwRanger05 03-04-2012 08:37 PM

Hey has anyone with the new EcoBoost engine and really use it like Ford does in the commercials My ONLY concern with the EcoBoost is blown head gaskets i saw one the other day at the grocery store and the driver started his truck and i kid ya not white smoke trickled out of the tail pipe pretty good, like alil basketball size cloud white smoke it was a ecoboost truck license plate on the driver side and i saw the ecoboost badge im not doggin these trucks at all i really do have hope for em but there is just going to be bugs in these new trucks just like any new truck awful lot of power in these trucks!

pgh_medic 03-06-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by CwRanger05 (Post 4794468)
Hey has anyone with the new EcoBoost engine and really use it like Ford does in the commercials My ONLY concern with the EcoBoost is blown head gaskets i saw one the other day at the grocery store and the driver started his truck and i kid ya not white smoke trickled out of the tail pipe pretty good, like alil basketball size cloud white smoke it was a ecoboost truck license plate on the driver side and i saw the ecoboost badge im not doggin these trucks at all i really do have hope for em but there is just going to be bugs in these new trucks just like any new truck awful lot of power in these trucks!

I look back at my last post here on 10/8 and saw that I was very satisfied with my EB. Now, im ready to drive it off a cliff.

Do your homework. Search "Ecoboost shudder" and visit some other F150 forums. I would be wary of this powerplant currently. If possible, if you are set on one I would find one you could drive EXTENSIVELY for a few days and purchase that vs. ordering one.

Luca1500 03-06-2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by pgh_medic (Post 4795582)
I look back at my last post here on 10/8 and saw that I was very satisfied with my EB. Now, im ready to drive it off a cliff.

Do your homework. Search "Ecoboost shudder" and visit some other F150 forums. I would be wary of this powerplant currently. If possible, if you are set on one I would find one you could drive EXTENSIVELY for a few days and purchase that vs. ordering one.

Hmm, I bought my EB in March 2011 and have 9500 miles on it. I can't complain about the engine tranny/performance at all...SYNC can get on my nerves sometimes though. Thats only because I use it so much so that when it glitches out it bothers me..

aussiekeeper 03-06-2012 07:26 PM

My fuel mileage sucks, 12 mpg. It has 1,400 miles on it.