2009 - 2014 F-150

What model should I get? What should i expect to pay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What model should I get? What should i expect to pay?

Hello! I'm new to the site and I will be purchasing a new truck in late December. I'm have three models in mind the platinum, lariat limited, or the Harley Davidson, and I'm not looking for a 4x4 but wouldn't mind. What are the advantages n disadvantages on any of the trucks? Also how much would I be expecting to pay on one of this trucks? I appreciate all your comments and help...thanks

Old 05-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Suspended
to early to tell you what you should pay in december. rebates could be $2000 or $12000 in december so it's hard to say. the goal invoice to $1200 below invoice + rebates offered.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks...I could go out n buy one now but I just want to get rid of my wifes suv payments...would u happen to knw the differences in the 3 models.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
I would try an online brochure from Ford...primary difference would be the interiors, grills and in the case of the Harley Davidson...make sure you own a Harley or what's the point.

I also believe the 6.2L is available in all three. All three are above my paygrade but I do enjoy my Lariat 5.0 Super Crew just fine for a lot less...but it's only money right?

And if Ford made a Triumph model I would have bought that in a heart beat regardless of my paygrade.

Good luck in whatever you decide on.

Dennis

28 dtg KAF

30 dtg Dubai

31 dtg Home for good!

Last edited by molinoman; 05-28-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by molinoman
I would try an online brochure from Ford...primary difference would be the interiors, grills and in the case of the Harley Davidson...make sure you own a Harley or what's the point.

I also believe the 6.2L is available in all three. All three are above my paygrade but I do enjoy my Lariat 5.0 Super Crew just fine for a lot less...but it's only money right?

And if Ford made a Triumph model I would have bought that in a heart beat regardless of my paygrade.

Good luck in whatever you decide on.

Dennis

28 dtg KAF

30 dtg Dubai

31 dtg Home for good!
That's funny you say that cuz I really like the Harley-Davidson but I drive a kawasaki ninja..I was telling a friend that he said who cares... I found a Harley-Davidson for 43k internet price but dnt knw if u still add rebates

Old 05-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I was choosing between those 3 models I would choose the Harley whether I had a HD motorcycle or not.The main reason being... I like the interior the best because it doesn't have that gawdy wood grain trim.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Location: Molino, FL / Camp Frontenac (Shah Wali Kowt), Afghanistan
I would almost bet the HD internet price at 43K is with any "current" rebates already accounted for.

If you get it...more power to you...I'm still waiting for Harley to build that water cooled Electra Glide Classic or something similar (V-rod doesn't cut it)...if and when they do...I'll entertain the thought (maybe one day) of an HD F150...but till then I'll ride the more "traditional" and better running Triumphs.

Again good luck with whatever you choose.

Dennis

28 dtg KAF
30 dtg Dubai
31 dtg Home for good!

Old 05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Out of those I would look at the Platinum because it is the only one of those with EcoBoost. By late December the 2012's will have been out for a few months so a lot can change from now until then. It's too early to say what you will find and should buy.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM
ok thanks for your comments

Old 06-04-2011, 09:11 AM
If you can find someone who works for Ford and can get you an X-plan PIN, go that route. You'll get right at invoice, plus any incentives and rebates offered at the time. I bought my 2010 F150 Platinum back in November when there were about $3,500 worth of incentives/rebates offered at the time with an X-plan PIN. Just bought my fiance's 2011 Expedition Limited with X-plan PIN and there were $3,000 worth of incentives/rebates available. Both trucks stickered at about $51-52,000 and we got them for low $40K's after X-plan and incentive/rebate discounts. Also, we only paid $75 dealer processing fees vice $499 because we purchased using X-plan.

I'm lucky that there's a guy on a local forum who works for Ford and just hands out PINs on request, but you can request a PIN on Blue Oval Forums. Just ask around, they are fairly easy to get. I purchased my last five new Fords on X-plan. I just like the no-haggle good deal you get. Only car I didn't purchase with X-plan was my 2010 Shelby because X-plan rates weren't being honored on these cars at the time.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
to early to tell you what you should pay in december. rebates could be $2000 or $12000 in december so it's hard to say. the goal invoice to $1200 below invoice + rebates offered.
When we say Invoice, do we mean the Invoice that you see when you price the truck out on KBB? Are there fees included in the invoice that KBB does not show you? I ask because I have an X-Plan Pin and everyone says X-Plan is about $100 over invoice but when you look at the invoice with the X-Plan price at the bottom, it adds a $74 Fuel Charge and a $558 Advertising Assessment to the Invoice Price of what KBB shows.

So if I go into the dealer and do not mention the X-Plan and we agree on invoice, is it going to have these two line items on it also or is the X-Plan actually more than $700 over invoice?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Gogators93
When we say Invoice, do we mean the Invoice that you see when you price the truck out on KBB? Are there fees included in the invoice that KBB does not show you? I ask because I have an X-Plan Pin and everyone says X-Plan is about $100 over invoice but when you look at the invoice with the X-Plan price at the bottom, it adds a $74 Fuel Charge and a $558 Advertising Assessment to the Invoice Price of what KBB shows.

So if I go into the dealer and do not mention the X-Plan and we agree on invoice, is it going to have these two line items on it also or is the X-Plan actually more than $700 over invoice?
Invoice as in paper work the dealer has on the specific truck. Kbb invoice was about 500 off of actual.

Invoice is about 150 below x plan.

Everything is negotiable with the dealer

Quick Reply: What model should I get? What should i expect to pay?