2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Grille Removal??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a copy of that letter and call Ford on thier 1-800 #. Squeaky wheel will get greased.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Get a copy of that letter and call Ford on thier 1-800 #. Squeaky wheel will get greased.
I sent them an email

Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I wonder what kind of response you will get from FOMOCO by emailing them, and the time-line they take to respond. I can't help but think that a phone call should get faster satisfaction, and a contact name. Keep us informed on the response you get.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 PM
No problem. It says they will respond within two business days.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I wonder what kind of response you will get from FOMOCO by emailing them, and the time-line they take to respond. I can't help but think that a phone call should get faster satisfaction, and a contact name. Keep us informed on the response you get.
I got a reply today. They said that they looked at the pictures again and it looks like the dents were caused by me closing the hood by the grille. He said that they can't fix under warranty. The is the most BS answer ever

Old 05-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Can you try another dealer? could you post the pics here?

Old 05-28-2011, 09:43 PM
My response back to them would be.... if they could explain to me how a PLASTIC grill could dent by using it to close a hood. I could understand if you were complaining about the metal hood being dented, but your concern is with a plastic part. It is not possible, (in my experience) to cause distortion to a plastic part without an exterior heat source, or an outside force applied before tightening a fastener.Even if you took a rubber mallet, and drummed on the plastic grill, it would not dent. The ford rep needs an education in plastics.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Amen!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Timelessr1
Can you try another dealer? could you post the pics here?
I have tried another dealer. They said that since Ford already has the pics then most likely they will recieve the same response. The picture does not really do any justice. The dents are more prominent in person. here is one photo. You can see the dent up close and then there are 2 more along the top of the surround. In the pic you can only see two.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Just curious, because the truck is black, and more prone to getting super heated in the sun, if those are not a result of the extra heat allowing the retainer areas that have pressure on them to change the shape of the plastic. Like I mentioned before, heat will change the shape of plastic especially if force is applied once heated. The retaining clips could be the pulling force. Another scenario is that you truck may have been in a paint booth, and set on a bake cycle to cure the paint. This may have happened even before you took possession of the truck. The temp of a bake cycle is often over 150 degrees. It is not uncommon for plastic bumpers to literally fold in half if not supported properly.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Just curious, because the truck is black, and more prone to getting super heated in the sun, if those are not a result of the extra heat allowing the retainer areas that have pressure on them to change the shape of the plastic. Like I mentioned before, heat will change the shape of plastic especially if force is applied once heated. The retaining clips could be the pulling force. Another scenario is that you truck may have been in a paint booth, and set on a bake cycle to cure the paint. This may have happened even before you took possession of the truck. The temp of a bake cycle is often over 150 degrees. It is not uncommon for plastic bumpers to literally fold in half if not supported properly.
I totally agree. The clips are the problem because these dents and creases are in line with the clips. Even the body shop said so but Ford will not accept responsibility for it. I may end up shelling out a few hundred dollars. They quoted me $325 for a new grille painted to match. I am waiting for a set of pry bars from harbor freight so I can try and fix this myself before buying a new one.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Ford emailed back and said they are going to work with my dealer and try to solve this issue if this works out I will be shocked. It will remind me why I have owned fords for over 15 years.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 PM

They must be reading this thread, good luck.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Good luck...let us know how Ford handles this situation. It def looks like those clips are "locking" into place farther in then they should which is causing the issue. This is def a manufacturing issue due to the clips locking in to place to far down...Hope Ford come through for you.....Built Ford tough....but i dont want the dent option..thanks

Quick Reply: Grille Removal??