2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Bullhide" lining...inside and out

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bullhide" lining...inside and out

One more step towards making the new truck MINE. Picked it up from Montana Elastomers this evening....I think it came out great!

Of course I got the bed lined....

But didn't stop there......

In the next photo, you can also see the grill I put in the front bumper...

Tomorrow, the topper gets installed, and after a couple of days for the bed liner to cure, I'll get the bedrug installed. Also have a "Rancher" grill guard that will be going on the front. And down the road maybe a front leveling kit.
I'll get some more pics as things get added.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
how much was that total with bed and rockers

Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I like it! Looks pretty awesome IMO!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Very different I must say. I like the color alot.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 PM
The bedliner is sweet. I would have not gone around the wheel wells though, but that's me.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Whats that wire hanging from the front license plate? Nice truck by the way!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 PM
I like it! The only thing I would have done is make sure the bed bolts were taken out before the bedliner was sprayed. It looks great, nice truck!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bansheerider
Whats that wire hanging from the front license plate? Nice truck by the way!
block heater cord.

looks good i agree about going around the wheel wells, good idea in theory but not a fan of it.

tinted heads/tails would probably look pretty good with the bed liner.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 AM
The total for the bed, the body, and inside the rear wheel wells was $1,088.00

Just driving it home I could tell a major difference....much quieter, especially when a rock was thrown up into the rear wheel well(s).....just a dull "thud" instead of a "tingy" bell sound.

All the bolt holes in the bed where "plugged" prior to the coating, with the exception of the main bed bolts....hopefully those never have to come out. If they do, then it might require a bit of elbow grease to clear them of the lining.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 AM
looking good, did you (or the truck) adapt to the throttle and brakes yet?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:59 AM
wow looks like you like it. thats good if you do, i like the brown but not so much on the liner over the wheels.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Looks pretty good

Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 AM
I like it. Just do all the chrome too like blackplat did. Your truck would look like a tank then

Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 AM
sweet man your the first one to do this on the new truck that "IVE" seen now someone needs to do it to a new superduty 6.7

Last edited by 1998f150wes; 04-27-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I had a long talk with the service manager at the dealership yesterday....got a lot of my questions answered, as well as a few surprises. The truck still has the "lag" with the gas and brakes....the service manager drove it and afterward told me that it would continue until the truck is finished "learning" my driving habits. He told me there is no specific mileage associated with this. He said it has to do with the sensors involved going through "the required number of cycles". He went on to say that in some cases it can take up to 10,000 miles for the sensors to complete all the required "cycles."

We also talked about "modding", and the answers he gave me were surprising. He actually told me that he thought my truck would look better with a leveling kit. When I asked about how it would effect the warranty, he scoffed and told me that unless a person just gets way stupid with a leveling kits, and it "obviously" causes issues, he would not deny warranty work.

He actually brought up the subject of tuners....that's where it got real interesting..... He said that because Ford offers tuners with their various performance parts for the Mustangs, etc. that the "sensible" use of a tuner would not void the warranty....even on the Ecoboost.
He did go on to qualify that by making it very clear that much would depend on the individual being "sensible" with the tuning. The next thing he said made me smile..... "The warranty will not cover Stupid!"

Next I asked about exhaust and intakes on the Ecoboosts....as soon as I mentioned that, he just shook his head and grabbed a piece of paper off his desk.....and told me that when it comes to the intakes and exhausts on the Ecoboost equipped trucks, his hands were tied. The directive he grabbed off his desk was a notice from FoMoCo that if any modifications to the intake or exhaust systems were noticed during servicing on an Ecoboost equipped truck, it would be grounds for voiding the vehicle's warranty. So it looks like on the issue of exhaust and intakes with the Ecoboost, the dealers have no options. Our conversation ended with him telling me that things will vary from dealership to dealership, and for him, much depends on the the attitude of the customer.....if a customer does something stupid (like over tuning) and is a butthead about it, then it's very likely that any warranty work would be denied. His final words were that it's always best to talk to your service manager, and ask before doing any mods.