Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dearborn Ramp 59....2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dearborn Ramp 59....2 weeks

Hello,
I ordered a Platinum F150 SCREW EB in early February and it has been sitting at Ramp 59 for two weeks. I wonder if I can go it and save the train and truck ride? I know I can't but it sure is tempting.

Anyone else with a truck on order that is sitting at a ramp?

Oh well, some of the best things in life are worth waiting for.

Eric

Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I ordered my FX4 Screw 5 1/2 months ago and it's been sitting on a ramp for the last 18 days. (Ramp 6V, Tgl Upfit Rmp, MO Mar-02-2011, 15:00 CT)

About to say screw it and and go buy something else, it won't be a ford.

Hope you get your truck soon.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
MCS
strange, i ordered my 6.2 Lariat between christmas & years and they said it will be in end of march, ok, then the dealer calls me begining of feb and says your truck is here, damn that was fast

can't see why they are not shipping your trucks, if it's built get it out the door and on the road, why let it sit when it's sold

Old 03-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Same here. Built on the 19th was on ramp on the 21st. Then re released on the ramp since the 27th!! 3 weeks awaiting shipment, no change! Something must be going on because there's plenty of us in the same position.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Nice to know I'm not alone. My truck has been built for 5 weeks and is still sitting in Kansas. It's three weeks late now and I'm really getting frustrated. The hold is not EB specific though it is a whole range of 150's built in a specific window of time.

What frustrates me the most is that Ford acts like God and just hangs on to stuff for as long as they want to and won't even give you a reason why or offer anything to make up for it. That kind of "sucks to be you" attitude doesn't sit too well with me. If this goes too much longer I might say screw it too and flush the whole deal all together.

I was iffy about spending so much money on a new truck to begin with. Now seeing how FORD handles themselves in so much secrecy I don't feel so good about it. When being profitable means stepping all over your customers and making your dealership look bad; you've got a poor business model.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
I haven't been waiting as long as some but the frustration is setting in a little, HOWEVER, it isn't so big of a deal that I would cancel my order or walk away from Ford.

Let's say hypothetically it was QC control problem - I don't blame Ford one bit for not advertising to the world that their truck with FOUR all new powertrains has an issue. Can you imagine what Government Motors' advertising campaign would be like? I want Ford to deliver me a truck as good as my previous four F-series. That to me is worth the wait.

Ford makes a kick-*** truck and I really look forward to getting my Ecoboost F-150!

Eric

Quick Reply: Dearborn Ramp 59....2 weeks