2009 - 2014 F-150

1 year anniversery

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 year anniversery

Today marks 1 year that I've had my truck. I've got just over 12,000 miles on it - which is about 20% more than what I typically put on in a year. That's due to us taking it everywhere since we enjoy driving it so much. Mine's a 2010 XLT 4.6v 2wd with Chrome package. I've only added tinted windows, a bed mat and a tonneua cover.

• Trouble free. No mechanical issues (not saying much at 12k, but good that there's been none)
  • I love the ride - it's amazing for a truck
  • Decent gas mileage - I'm around a 17.5mpg average in mixed driving in an urban environment
  • Interior room - perfect for my growing family
  • Styling - I love the looks
  • Power - towing with this truck is so much easier than my old 2003 Tundra
  • Backup Camera- don't think I'll ever own a vehicle without it now

Dislikes:
  • Ergonomics - controls in the cab could be better. The ***** for the radio are the same size and location as for the climate system. The 'push to select' button to determine which vents are used is stupid and would have been much better as a **** selector. The ignition is awkwardly located... After a year I still find myself having to look at things that should be automatic by now.
  • Paint quality - primarily my fault for not checking it out more closely prior to purchase - but the paint quality is poor. It's held up well, but it's not at the level of quality I'd expect on a new vehicle.

Things I'd do different:
  • I'd get leather interior - may add aftermarket
  • I'd get the bed extender and the tailgate step
  • I'd get Sync and maybe the upgraded radio

All in all I'm quite pleased. It's becoming my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. A few years of trouble-free service and it'll take the crown...

Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM

I wish I had the back up camera, but at least I have the back up sensors which work pretty good. And I'm looking into getting a bed extender as well.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Congratulations. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm with ruffn-it on the backup camera and bed extender.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Happy anniversary Passed a year on mine back in November, I put about 22k on it. I wish I could say that's unusual haha. Oh well. I agree with everything you stated, especially the vent selector.

It was one of those nights in the engineering lab, most people have gone home, and someone pipes up, "man wouldn't it be cool if..."

I put aftermarket leather seats in mine, it's definitely the way to go. I've really enjoyed them. Glad you enjoy the backup cam, wish i had one

Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 PM
One year On the P, 31K on the speedo not a problem one, drove it like I stole from day one. Oil changer every 3500 and no cheap gas. Traded a ML350 in on it and this truck is a better ride than that. Getting ready to do some mods on the outside 2.5 AS on the front and 3 inch blocks in the back already did the USB 2 mod and the turn signal mod also going with a new set of shocks not sure which ones yet and tires not sure there either best vehicle I ever owned and there have been a lot. (Except the L)

Quick Reply: 1 year anniversery