2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sirius ended; Pandora?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius ended; Pandora?

I have Synch and Nav in a 2010. My free 6-month Sirius subscription ended yesterday and Sirius didn't budge on their prices when I called. So, I downloaded Pandora on my Blackberry 9000 and finally got it to play via Synch. I am going to test it to see if I like it as much or better than Sirius.

Looking for an easier way to get Pandora to play via Synch. Once in a while it stops playing thru Synch and when I try to re-connect the audio of my phone Synch tells me I am already connected but Pandora won't "re-stream" via the bluetooth.

I would love it if it just started playing immediately when I engage Pandora just like a phone call comes thru when I am in the truck. Any ideas?

Also, does any anyone prefer Pandora to Sirius? Pandora (when I get it to stream) seems to sound great but I have kids and they loved "Kids Place Live" in Sirius and I hope Pandora can fill this gap. I don't listen to talk radio although I liked the Sirius comedy channels and I am hoping Pandora has comedy too.

Thank you.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
With my iPhone when it's connect to the truck, once I start pandora it starts to play once it loads. And plays non stop just like a mp3 player

Old 04-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Do you just hook up the USB from the BB to the Synch and it works automatically? I know Pandora wears down my battery fast... does it automatically charge from the Synch?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I just use the car charger so when I turn off the truck it still charges , but yes the USB will charge it while the truck is running

Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I've always just used Bluetooth to play Pandora from my BB.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Leftcoast
I have Synch and Nav in a 2010. My free 6-month Sirius subscription ended yesterday and Sirius didn't budge on their prices when I called. So, I downloaded Pandora on my Blackberry 9000 and finally got it to play via Synch. I am going to test it to see if I like it as much or better than Sirius.

Looking for an easier way to get Pandora to play via Synch. Once in a while it stops playing thru Synch and when I try to re-connect the audio of my phone Synch tells me I am already connected but Pandora won't "re-stream" via the bluetooth.

I would love it if it just started playing immediately when I engage Pandora just like a phone call comes thru when I am in the truck. Any ideas?

Also, does any anyone prefer Pandora to Sirius? Pandora (when I get it to stream) seems to sound great but I have kids and they loved "Kids Place Live" in Sirius and I hope Pandora can fill this gap. I don't listen to talk radio although I liked the Sirius comedy channels and I am hoping Pandora has comedy too.

Thank you.
I also use Pandora since my 6 month sub. to Sirius ended. My Pandora automatically starts playing through sync when I start it on my blackberry. For your issue with Pandora not automatically playing you might make sure you have the latest version of Pandora downloaded and the permissions set correctly on your blackberry. In the options menu of the Pandora app itself there is some bluetooth options that you can play around with.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
How is the sound quality through the Bluetooth? Will it work if I just play it through the USB or do I need to Bluetooth?

Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM
x2 om Pandora via Bluetooth working perfect. I plug my droid into the center console and as soon as I say BLUETOOTH AUDIO its running.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I bluetooth Pandora through my Palm Pre and charge it via the Touchstone charger through the aux power (Aux power is always hot, regardless of ignition). I have noticed a few times once I return to the vehicle after bluetoothing the audio that my SYNC no longer says "Bluetooth Audio", but rather says "SYNC Line-In" (I don't hardly ever have anything in the USB). I simply double tap the Voice button and say "Bluetooth Audio" and it switches back.

Moral of the story: Make sure your SYNC display says "Bluetooth Audio".

Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm another that uses Pandora thru BT audio. But I have continued the Sirius subscription. Pandora works well as long as you have a good cell phone signal.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sounds like a PITA to me just to listen to comm'l free radio. Sirius is like $10/mo, that alone would be worth it to not have to screw with your phone and the Pandora stuff constantly. My .02.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
I've had Sirius since 05' and I've thought about doing the same with my Crackberry Storm2. The only thing I dislike about Pandora is clicking the thumbs up\down to build a good station list. I downloaded Slacker radio and like it much better. There's a few commercials, but I'm only using the free version. It sounds great on my aftermarket radio with audio jack, I can't attest to the sound quality on the new trucks as mine is an old skool 02'.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
If you wait a week or 2 to call sirius the price gets better I got the whole thing sirius +best of xm for 120 for a year

Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
Sounds like a PITA to me just to listen to comm'l free radio. Sirius is like $10/mo, that alone would be worth it to not have to screw with your phone and the Pandora stuff constantly. My .02.
.....more like $13.99/month plus the new music royalty "Fee" (about $15.00/radio/6 months).....

I have 2 radios currently ($13.99 and $8.99) and the last 6 month renewal went UP $30 in music royalty fee alone! Kinda sucks when you have satellite for sports and talk radio........

Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by heybeermantx
.....more like $13.99/month plus the new music royalty "Fee" (about $15.00/radio/6 months).....

I have 2 radios currently ($13.99 and $8.99) and the last 6 month renewal went UP $30 in music royalty fee alone! Kinda sucks when you have satellite for sports and talk radio........
I'm not arguing the pricing point, I'm just saying it's much easier IMO to not have to screw with Sync and pull out my phone every time I get in the truck. I don't want to have to stare at the little screen on my phone in order to get everything set up, and then have it drop in the middle of a good song. $15/mo is chump change, and despite the royalty fees, it's not really out of line for the number of channels you get which don't require a cell signal.

Quick Reply: Sirius ended; Pandora?