2009 - 2014 F-150

Vehicle theft deterrent

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle theft deterrent

Does anyone have any experience with the Cyclops vehicle theft avoidance module? I have zero use for a remote start, and think this might be a good alternative to dissembling my dash and tapping into my wiring harness.

Cyclops Avoidance Module

Old 01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
These things work great in theory but ultimately fail. I had something similar to this that I installed on my motorcycle. Just walk away from the bike and the starter was disabled. The thing had trouble reconizing when I was siting on the bike. I know it's not the same product and this may work great but I would save your money and buy an aftermarket alarm or keep the factory one.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Cheap and easy, just like I like it... You don't have the PATS factory system?
It is also under Master Lock brand as a sarter sentry.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/p...29&zmap=23035G product# 23035G

Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I have the PATS, but I'm was just looking for something extra. Since I'm not a thief, I'm not sure how effective the PATS is. Can the PATS be bypassed easily by a thief?

Also, the Master Lock one doesn't work for 2010 F150s.

Last edited by MarkY; 01-28-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
They have to have the key to drive it off with PATS. The only thefts we have seen were owner error. One had a cheap autostart that defeated the PATS with a spare key under the dash, the other left his spare keys in his computer bag. So when they broke in for the laptop bag they found the keys and drove the Lightning off. PATS is a damn good system. A 100 relay isn't a bad add on. My buddy has one and I hate having to press the FOB every time I want to start it..

Car theft is down everywhere. Now days they just steal the crap inside the car iPod, GPS, laptops etc..

The most common way they steal PATS trucks is with a wrecker or recovery truck.

Last edited by L8 APEX; 01-29-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I have not had any experience with that device, but I have had a vehicle stolen and broken into 3 times. I even had an alarm system on the one. Now I keep all electronics factory in my vehicles. I do have an idea though...if a thief breaks in they get an instant shock very similar to a stun gun but with more voltage.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:56 PM
You are right it is not the same

Originally Posted by mx52
These things work great in theory but ultimately fail. I had something similar to this that I installed on my motorcycle. Just walk away from the bike and the starter was disabled. The thing had trouble reconizing when I was siting on the bike. I know it's not the same product and this may work great but I would save your money and buy an aftermarket alarm or keep the factory one.
You are correct the product is not the same and does not use passive disarming. If you are looking for a system to keep your interior items safe then a alarm will let you know they have been taken. This system will keep your truck in the driveway.

Greg

Last edited by Cyclops; 01-29-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Vehicle theft deterrent