2009 - 2014 F-150

Power locks/windows?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power locks/windows?

Has anyone here converted their manual locks and windows to power? I am going to embark on this new project shortly, and I would be interested to know other people's experience? I know I could go to Tasco and get the factor parts, but am I better off with an aftermarket? Anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket parts?

My next step will be to get integrate the locks into an alarm/remote start system too, if that makes any difference.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalamish
Has anyone here converted their manual locks and windows to power? I am going to embark on this new project shortly, and I would be interested to know other people's experience? I know I could go to Tasco and get the factor parts, but am I better off with an aftermarket? Anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket parts?

My next step will be to get integrate the locks into an alarm/remote start system too, if that makes any difference.
Hit Travis up at www.kcautosound.com

He did this very thing to my buddies STX a couple years ago. We drove down from St. Louis and he installed power windows, power door locks, remote start alarm, radio, speakers, amps and subs all within a day.

Here's what my buddies truck looked like when done. The windows were OEM style that replaced the entire window regulator system. Not the cheesy ones that turn the crank.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.A1electric.com Don't know if they have them for the '09's or not. But thats where I got mine from. No need to pay someone to install them. I done mine all by myself. Very easy install. Its a direct factory replacment. The motors and regulator are just as good or maybe even better then factory. They also provide several different window switches to choose from. Here is mine.

Quick Reply: Power locks/windows?