2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

09 time?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 time?!

Anyone know of anything the stealerships are using now? xplan, xtremely poor plan? I looked up the value of the truck the other day and it was over 17G!! trade in. Shoot now if I could find a good dealer id be in my 09 already!

Might need to do some traveling.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:34 PM
I stopped going to the dealerships and started dealing with internet sales. Seems they realize they are dealing with an informed customer and shoot the better prices out and saves alot of driving and time.

I wound up with the truck at invoice plus taking the incentives off as well. That still figured in a little over 20 percent off sticker.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
I did the majority of my deal via the Internet as well. I did pretty much as well as most that have posted their deals and better than some others. I found the truck I wanted about fifty miles away even though there are at least five other Ford dealerships within twenty miles of my home.

Once the Internet work was done, I drove to the dealership to take a look at and test drive the truck. We then settled the final cost and I was home with my new truck in about three hours total. That was with an hour and a half of drive time there and back.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
If you are asking about trade in value KBB.com using good condition is a good trade in estimating tool.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:41 PM
I got 18k in trade for my 08 XLT and it only had keyless entry as the only piece of optional equipment. I was floored by how much I got for it considering the KBB value was 14k to 15k.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:46 PM
I always research the trade in values and the what my trade is worth on the open market. I have no trade this time since a co-worker is buying my toyota.

When I do trade here is the scenario I follow. I never tell them I am planning on trading the vehicle up front. I will wait until all the haggling and final negotiation is done and a price is agreed upon. Then I will tell the dealership I am wanting to trade in my current vehicle. At that stage you will def get a true picture of what they are willing to give for your trade-in and they have a hard time hiding the true value of their bid if you negotiated a good price since they have already discounted the asking price and dont have as much or any room to mask the trade in value.

It will also force them to stay true to the trade value and not make a killing on both sides of the deal. I have waited until I was in the finance office when I tell them I am wanting to add a trade-in to the deal. They will be a little pissed but they also know you are a buyer - and again - it will put pressure on the dealer to give you a fair value on your trade.

Dont be afraid to negotiate while in the finance office either. They will want you to add some of their crap to the deal like extended warranties and gap coverage. You can tell the finance guy you would really like some of that stuff but it puts the amount you want to finance higher than you are willing to go. They will try to convince you to increase your loan term to keep the payment the same. This will put the finance guy and the salesman against each other. Typically the finance guy/gal will make money off the interest rate and the additional warranty crap. The salesman makes the money off the price. The dealership makes money all over the deal regardless. So - sometimes the finance guy will "find" some more discount on the vehicle price just so you will buy the extended warranties or gap ins. Typically you can cancel all of these extra items without penalty - you will need to verify that while in the finance office. When it is all said and done you will have typically bought the vehicle at the lowest price since the dealership is assuming it will make up the money in the finance office.

Once you are sure you can cancel the extra finance stuff then complete the deal. Then go and cancel the extra items and go to your local bank and refinance the whole deal as the dealership or manufacturer will typically pad the interest rate to make money off the backside of the deal. The interest rates are something you can shop and compare before you start your buying process or have alternative financing already in your back pocket.

A dealer will make as much or more money in the finance office than on the car price itself. No matter how nice they treat you they are typically trying to get as much money from you as they can - just be sure you are an educated buyer walking in.

Quick Reply: 09 time?!