2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Hybrid" Bak Flip -- more info

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Hybrid" Bak Flip -- more info

In this thread I asked about the difference between the G2 and HD Bak Flip and mentioned that a local dealer was selling a hybrid version. Well, today I picked it up. The boxes are all marked G2, but the skin of the panels is metal like the HD version. I haven't measured, but I assume the panels are G2 thickness as well. It has the 6 clamps like the G2 and the Zinc coated rods to hold the cover open. Price was $755 uninstalled which seems to be a good value about 1/2 way between mail order prices on the G2 and HD, and I got to support a local business. I believe installation was $60, but I was running later than I had hoped this morning and elected to install it myself this afternoon. Install was straight forward though the instructions are a little sparse on some details.

My source is Mid-West Truck Accessories in Riverview, Michigan. Ask for Steve Lyles, who is the general manager. Steve was great about walking me through the various options over the phone and giving me the pros and cons of each.

Steve has a Bak Flip on his own truck, by the way.

Last edited by matt_m; 05-04-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Any pics? I still say that it is just the HD cover, how can there be a "hybrid" version when the main difference between the G2 and HD is the panels.

My HD came with G2 instructions and might have said G2 on the box too, can't remember.

and that price isn't bad for local, which is proobably on par for my source except he does have to pay for shipping, so 799 total.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I didn't have time to get pics, I'll try tomorrow if the weather holds out. The G2 and HD are different thickness--I noticed a label on the cover box that said "use G2 rails only." Maybe the rails need to be different to accommodate the different thicknesses of the covers and keep them flush? Regardless, I really like it so far.

Quick Reply: "Hybrid" Bak Flip -- more info