2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Sony SYSTEM vs. Audiophile

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Sony SYSTEM vs. Audiophile

For those that have had or heard both, which is better and why? I'm just talking sound not navigation.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pcaman
For those that have had or heard both, which is better and why? I'm just talking sound not navigation.
I aint heard both at good volumes but i have seen many people they wish they got the better audio pack. I have heard that it's vast improvement over the basic audio. Def worth the extra cash i would say.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I currently have the audiophile in my '05 Lariat and it sounds pretty good...I was especially surprised at how well the sub works and the fact that you can feel the "THUMP" in the back of the front seats...the audiophile system does tend to distort at volume levels approaching 3/4's or more. I did replace the door (all 4) speakers with the Infinity Kappa's and that helped a great deal as well. I have the Sony preimum sound coming in my ordered Platinum and will post on the sound quality as soon as it arrives

Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
I currently have the audiophile in my '05 Lariat and it sounds pretty good...I was especially surprised at how well the sub works and the fact that you can feel the "THUMP" in the back of the front seats...the audiophile system does tend to distort at volume levels approaching 3/4's or more. I did replace the door (all 4) speakers with the Infinity Kappa's and that helped a great deal as well. I have the Sony preimum sound coming in my ordered Platinum and will post on the sound quality as soon as it arrives
You will be more than happy with the system hotlap. I can play a VBR mp3 and it will go loud and dont have any distortion problem even at 3/4 levels. Even the new prodigy album can pump out well on this system.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
the new sony system is way better the audiophile system. the over all sound is much more clear and crisp, the sub has better low end thump in my opinion, its great system.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
The new Sony system sounds great but I haven't cranked it that much yet. I didn't have Audiophile in my old truck, but I had Kenwood component speakers and a 10" MTX sub with 250 watt amp, and the new Sony systems sounds just as good and has a similar bass thump.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Never had the Audiophile, but the Sony sounds great; better then the system I had in my previous Lexus. I would consider the Sony a must have option, unless you plan on putting in aftermarket.

Trending Topics

Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I have the sony system w/nav in my 09, and the audiophile in my 04.

The sony system has much better clarity, especially at high volumes. Due to the number and the location of the speakers in the 09, the imaging is also much better than the audiophile. The highs are also much more crisp and the system as a whole has more of true a to life sound.

The sub in the 09 doesnt seem to bump quite as hard as my audiophile. (I cant really feel the thump in the back of the seat like on my 04) That said, the 09 sub does seem to be richer in the low end range.

Is the sony system the best system I've ever heard? Nope, not even close. It does not out-perform the LS460's Mark Levinson, the Ford GT's McIntosh, or The Flying-Spur's Naim system.

It is, however, the best system I've ever heard in a truck

Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM
WOW...thanks guys for the feedback on the Sony system...can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! If you want time to crawl as slowly as possible, just order a new vehicle...it takes forever...I think I'm losing my mind and am in need of

Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 AM
gpo
Is it acceptable if I start drooling when I read this thread?

I can't wait to hear my truck!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Until my Platinum arrives, all I can say is that I have a 2004 Lariat with Audiophile and my boss has a 2006 Lariat without it. He HATES the sound in his truck, says the stock audio just sucks something fierce and is the only thing I ever hear him complain about on his F-150. I can tell you that my Audiophile certainly puts the "thump" into the driver's seat with the bass cranked up. I never feel my cell ringing because of the Audiophile system.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Until my Platinum arrives, all I can say is that I have a 2004 Lariat with Audiophile and my boss has a 2006 Lariat without it. He HATES the sound in his truck, says the stock audio just sucks something fierce and is the only thing I ever hear him complain about on his F-150. I can tell you that my Audiophile certainly puts the "thump" into the driver's seat with the bass cranked up. I never feel my cell ringing because of the Audiophile system.
That will be a thing of the past with the new system. Can have it pumping and it will cut the volume and show the person calling you. Great feature

Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by gpo
Is it acceptable if I start drooling when I read this thread?

I can't wait to hear my truck!
gpo - do tell...what do you have coming...curious minds want to know!!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanch979
I have the sony system w/nav in my 09, and the audiophile in my 04.

The sony system has much better clarity, especially at high volumes. Due to the number and the location of the speakers in the 09, the imaging is also much better than the audiophile. The highs are also much more crisp and the system as a whole has more of true a to life sound.

The sub in the 09 doesnt seem to bump quite as hard as my audiophile. (I cant really feel the thump in the back of the seat like on my 04) That said, the 09 sub does seem to be richer in the low end range.

Is the sony system the best system I've ever heard? Nope, not even close. It does not out-perform the LS460's Mark Levinson, the Ford GT's McIntosh, or The Flying-Spur's Naim system.

It is, however, the best system I've ever heard in a truck
Kr - I bet it's due to the smaller enclosure for the '09 sub...after all the '04+ audiophile box was 2/3 the rear underseat space

Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
gpo
Originally Posted by HotLap
gpo - do tell...what do you have coming...curious minds want to know!!
I have the Sony and SYNC system coming without NAV. I was a little hesitant to cough up the extra $$ but after reading these messages, I think I made the right call.

Quick Reply: New Sony SYSTEM vs. Audiophile