2009 - 2014 F-150

Can you add SYNC !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you add SYNC !!!!!

I just purchased a 09 XLT...It is a great truck but I really wanted SYNC...I was told by the dealership that it couldnt be added but am not sure that is correct...I know it can be added to the mustang so why not the 09 F150...

Does anybody have any info on this ??? If so, how much would it cost ???

Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM
The sync V2 i would have to say would be very hard to integrate into the system but i wouldnt say impossible. Check on the syncmyride forums as this has been asked many a time and every reply has been "NO". You might as well just go the after market pionner, Clarion, Kenwood route. Their system can do 80% of what the Sync system does but it would be a lot easier to get fitted.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
In other forums, I have seen people add factory navigation systems to cars that didn't originally come with it. The parts are expensive (unless you can get lucky and find them all used or on ebay or cragislist, etc.) and it was a very time consuming project.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
If SYNC cannot be added, why would they put the phone button on the radio ????

Old 02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
From my understanding it is more expensive and a royal PITA to add it.

I don't know if you could take the truck back and ask the dealer to find you another one with what you want.

The button is probably there because it is easier and cheaper to make one style of radio instead of two or three.

After I left the deposit on mine, I found one identical to mine expect it had the navigation system and the backup camera. I contacted the dealer that had it about the truck but they would not return my emails. I thought that car dealers were hurting?? I decided to buy the one I had the deposit on and the navigation system and backup camera were not something I could not live without.

Quick Reply: Can you add SYNC !!!!!