Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

nice lifted lariat on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Real
A cute, petite girl I knew in college let me in on a little secret. She dated a lot of guys with trucks and, according to her own observations, the bigger the truck, the smaller their male unit. True story.
it sounds like your source of information, well to put it mildly, she was quite loose. and besides, having a huge truck in college is for 1 reason--i'm sure you know what i mean. it's just a taste of preference, i hate having my truck would just like the 7 other gray screws in town, a town of 4500 people. to each their own

Old 01-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my truck is being lowered next week as i have a big ****

Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Barritia
Well my truck is being lowered next week as i have a big ****
so you're still compensating...bet your gonna get some big rims, aren't ya

Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

A cute, petite girl I knew in college let me in on a little secret. She dated a lot of guys with trucks and, according to her own observations, the bigger the truck, the smaller their male unit. True story.
A cute, petite girl I knew in college let me in on a little secret too. She dated a lot of guys with big trucks and fast cars, and she dated some guy's with small or crappy cars. She obverved that they all had average sized man units and most of the guy's with small crappy cars were poor and wished they could afford cooler vehicles.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Than whats this mean?

http://www.streetrucks.com/chuck41.JPG

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by ATOM
it sounds like your source of information, well to put it mildly, she was quite loose.
I guess she was, depending upon your definition of "loose". Most guys I know prefer women that aren't too uptight. She didn't understand how she could possibly pick out a guy to settle down with until she took all the ones that struck her fancy for a test drive.

She's still married to the same guy after 20 years (he drove a stock and slightly beat up 1980 Datsun pick-up). Now he's an importer/exporter and is worth at least $20,000,000. Instead of spending on a big truck he saved his money so he could put it into his business.

I don't think she was a ****, she just wanted a guy that could fulfill all her needs. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Lose the bull bar and that's the first 09 that looks good. They've got hope but the tail light trim will always look like a bad $5 add on from Autozone and they should have made the doors even length instead of longer fronts. Seems like that much more of a pain in the parking lots. Looks dumb too like the quad cab Dodges. Leave it to the rest of you to figure out each other johnsons. Sounds like by the logic here John Holmes must have rode a bicycle.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Suspended

Instead of spending on a big truck he saved his money so he could put it into his business.
first off, 20 yrs ago, the economy wasn't destroyed. 2nd some dude that drove a crappy truck, married a **** and she stayed with him. so he made it big, i don't get it? i should buy a beat-up ranger and marry the town *****? some guys like and can afford fancy toys, some won't by how you talk, you get to drive a stocker John Holmes must have rode a unicycle, lol

Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 09's look MUCH better lifted.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
makes me wanna get an 09! I like the exterior of the 04-08s but they ride too much like a car for me plus I like the interior of my 02 screw lariat better-havent drove an 09 yet but hoping too soon just my 2 cents!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
2nd some dude that drove a crappy truck, married a **** and she stayed with him. so he made it big, i don't get it? i should buy a beat-up ranger and marry the town *****?
****** are ****** because they sell sex for money, not because they like to have sex. I don't know any normal guys that don't like dates who are willing to do more than peck them on the cheek. I thought the double standard between men and women who enjoy good sex had ended long ago. I never did understand that double standard, if women had bought into it I would have been celibate (or only having sex with prostitutes) until I was married.

Are you saying that would have been a good thing?

On your other comment, given the current economic conditions, (in the gutter as far as they eye can see), I would think now would be a good time to be more financially responsible, not a time to spend like the party will never end. Granted, if you are comfortably retired and your retirement is not exposed to stocks or questionable financial instruments and you are hedged against inflation and currency fluctuations then I suppose now is a great time to spend extra on a big toy.

There are two issues I have with trucks that are lifted excessively:

1) Reduced off-road capability and reduced on-road handling comes with lifting the center of gravity. The ground clearance remains unchanged in most areas that matter. Good driving characteristics are one of the most important qualities to me in a truck.

2) Reduced fuel economy helps supports countries in the middle east that harbor terrorists and families whose wealth is dependent upon high fuel prices such as the Bin Laden family. Installing large, high friction tires on a lifted truck is like displaying a bumper sticker loudly proclaiming that you are doing all you can to financially support families like the Bin Laden's. The sooner we can reduce or end our dependence on middle eastern oil, the better.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Suspended
****** are ****** because they sell sex for money, not because they like to have sex. I don't know any normal guys that don't like dates who are willing to do more than peck them on the cheek. I thought the double standard between men and women who enjoy good sex had ended long ago. I never did understand that double standard, if women had bought into it I would have been celibate (or only having sex with prostitutes) until I was married.

Are you saying that would have been a good thing?

On your other comment, given the current economic conditions, (in the gutter as far as they eye can see), I would think now would be a good time to be more financially responsible, not a time to spend like the party will never end. Granted, if you are comfortably retired and your retirement is not exposed to stocks or questionable financial instruments and you are hedged against inflation and currency fluctuations then I suppose now is a great time to spend extra on a big toy.

There are two issues I have with trucks that are lifted excessively:

1) Reduced off-road capability and reduced on-road handling comes with lifting the center of gravity. The ground clearance remains unchanged in most areas that matter. Good driving characteristics are one of the most important qualities to me in a truck.

2) Reduced fuel economy helps supports countries in the middle east that harbor terrorists and families whose wealth is dependent upon high fuel prices such as the Bin Laden family. Installing large, high friction tires on a lifted truck is like displaying a bumper sticker loudly proclaiming that you are doing all you can to financially support families like the Bin Laden's. The sooner we can reduce or end our dependence on middle eastern oil, the better.
1. there's nothing wrong with a girl who likes a good time, but when they do it with every guy they hook up with, then IMO they are a ***** (minus the pay)
2. my truck is lifted and handles just as good as when i bought it, set the cruise at 75 and cruise, 1 finger on the wheel, handles like a champ. ground clearance is related to the tire diameter, as you know i'm sure. lifting a vehicle IMO, increases the offroad ability, more clearance into ditches, better approach angles etc. i built my truck for all purpose-take her in the woods and get a load of firewood, for a night on the town, shopping with the misses. now i will give you that it's harder for some to enter/exit a lifted truck.
3. now for the fuel economy to each his own. i currently knock down 13 mpg's on a commute to work. (twist country road,varying speed limits. on the highway i knock down a solid 17 mpg's, edge verified. that is just as good as my future-father-in-law's stock 04 scab.
4. america will always be dependent on the oil of other country's. but the sad thing is, there are just any many white american's profiting off the oil/gas sales. me personally, aint gonna give up the things i love because the money i spend may go to people i don't think deserve it. there are alot of things i have no control over and my money goes to people i don't think deserve it. for example, a single gal at the local grocery store using WIC coupons, wearing lucky jeans, abercrombie shirt, hair done, designer shoes, and we get to pay for her formula/milk/cheese/cereal/juice. all i'm saying is some things happen to families and they can't help it, it's not the kids fault either, but i do think that it's irresponsible for people to bring kids into the world and expect everyone e to help pay for it. and it doesn't help with huge employers, like walmart, you can work 39 hrs a week, crap pay, and no insurance. enough rambling, some boys never grow up, they will have toys forever. my next toy will be a nassau blue vette

Last edited by ATOM; 01-26-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:01 AM
1. there's nothing wrong with a girl who likes a good time, but when they do it with every guy they hook up with, then IMO they are a ***** (minus the pay)
I didn't say she did it with every guy, only the ones she fancied. Stop trying to make my good friend out to be a *****. She is a very respectable woman.

2. my truck is lifted and handles just as good as when i bought it, set the cruise at 75 and cruise, 1 finger on the wheel, handles like a champ.
I drive on a lot of fast, curvy roads that can have icy patches. Lifted trucks do not handle these conditions as well or as safely. Also, on tight trails the cab can connect with trees easier as the truck leans over if it is lifted too high. True about the approach angles but I've found driving skill can do wonders when approach angles are an issue. On technical, slippery trails I like a low center of gravity. But to each his own.

3. now for the fuel economy to each his own. i currently knock down 13 mpg's on a commute to work. (twist country road,varying speed limits. on the highway i knock down a solid 17 mpg's, edge verified.
13 mpg commuting? Ouch!

4. america will always be dependent on the oil of other country's. but the sad thing is, there are just any many white american's profiting off the oil/gas sales. me personally, aint gonna give up the things i love because the money i spend may go to people i don't think deserve it.
It's not about whether they deserve it or not, it's whether they are trying to kill you or not.

I have no issue with people profiting from imported fuel, it's when it makes our country weaker and stregthens those who would like to harm us that I stop feeling good about it. If every american was as patriotic as most claim to be, we would change our lifestyle to make our country free from our dependence upon the middle east. To throw your hands up and act like there is nothing we can do about it is giving up too easily and has nothing to do with the kind of patriotism that made this country what it is.

there are alot of things i have no control over and my money goes to people i don't think deserve it. for example, a single gal at the local grocery store using WIC coupons, wearing lucky jeans, abercrombie shirt, hair done, designer shoes, and we get to pay for her formula/milk/cheese/cereal/juice.
Yes, but she is not trying to kill you.

Enjoy your new Corvette when you get it. BTW, the reason the Corvette handles better than most cars is because it has a lower center of gravity. You will never convince me that lifting a truck does not degrade it's handling and ability on side-slopes.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Suspended
1. you stated your friend dated ALOT of guys and knew how big there machinery was, i'm sure she just asked to see it. lol
2. curvy roads are not lifted truck friendly.
3. i live 10 miles down a rural road, living on a lake, well-populated, varying speed limits, 45 to 35 to 55 to 25, quite a windy road, cruise not an option. 13 mpg, hell that's great, i've had trucks get 10 mpg on the highway with cruise, pay to play.
4. whatever works for ya, i ain't gonna drive a ford focus to save gas, i aint that green. i drive a supercrew and the back seat has never been used except for groceries. no persons.
5. she's not killing me, but the money could be used for alot more useful things.

everyone has their "theory" with lifted trucks, some guys use their truck for different things, some for commuting, some for the all-around vehicle. is it very practical, no, for the average joe, no. is it worth it? to me yes. i am well aware of why vette's kick ***. i don't want a new one, then i would feel bad beating the hell out of it. it's all good though, if i can't sell my current truck, then i will use it as my new work truck. guess i'll see if ford trucks are tough enough to make it. very true about saving and not spending though. i worked for a company, 8 1/2 yrs to be exact, started the day after graduation. last week, called in the office by people services, your no longer needed, have a nice day. stories like this are happening every day more and more. people should be more frugal with their funds, but most are stupid. i ain't tied down, families and whatnot, and can work anywhere. money isn't an issue, see it and buy it. thinking like that put america in the spot we are in. people have to live within their means, me included. but low and behold, scored a new job, pays almost double. great part is, i can write off all my vehicle related expenses as well as fuel. god bless america!

Last edited by ATOM; 01-27-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 AM
cuz the big truck makes it look small hahahaha just kidding i don't know that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the truck looks like its smiling at you say "you can't have me". hahahaha

Quick Reply: nice lifted lariat on ebay