2009 - 2014 F-150

Dimensions for 2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dimensions for 2009

I know they haven't released the power numbers yet, but has anyone seen the dimensions posted anywhere? I'm curious to see which body styles will still fit in my garage.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I think I read somewhere that the Super Crew will gain 6" of wheelbase...but that doesn't necessarily mean that the length of the truck will increase. They might have decreased overhang in the front and/or rear.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by NMJeff
I know they haven't released the power numbers yet, but has anyone seen the dimensions posted anywhere? I'm curious to see which body styles will still fit in my garage.
....same here. i have 78" clearance.....that Matt from jalopnik.com said he'd try & get those numbers at the show...haven't seen any update

Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
^my garage has a 79" height clearance. From that one new picture of the 97, 04, and 09 side by side, it looks to be 2 or 3 inches higher than the 04. Our current model (4x4) is 75.5" high. Hopefully we'll get the new numbers soon.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
^my garage has a 79" height clearance. From that one new picture of the 97, 04, and 09 side by side, it looks to be 2 or 3 inches higher than the 04. Our current model (4x4) is 75.5" high. Hopefully we'll get the new numbers soon.

...i hope it isn't, but i also estimated that's what it was....i may just be able to sneak it in my underground. Thing is in one of the videos online, a guy kind of stands near each over the course of a presentation & when he gets to the 09...it doesn't seem much taller at all.
Hopefully most of the apparent height diff in that triple model shot is view angle/perspective....

Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
yeah, I noticed that too when different guys were standing by it that it didn't seem too much taller.

as far as the triple photo, I first thought the older trucks were just 4x2's to give the illusion that the 09 is alot bigger. But after zooming in on the photo, I saw the tow hooks on the 04 model and I'm fairly certain only the 4x4's had the tow hooks.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, I noticed that too when different guys were standing by it that it didn't seem too much taller.

as far as the triple photo, I first thought the older trucks were just 4x2's to give the illusion that the 09 is alot bigger. But after zooming in on the photo, I saw the tow hooks on the 04 model and I'm fairly certain only the 4x4's had the tow hooks.
That picture is deceiving and is kind of an optical illusion. It is at an angle with the newest being the closest to the camera. The closest one will always seem to be a lot bigger/taller.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM

.....Matt from jalopnik.com has just told me that the pickuptruck.com guys are telling him the roofline itself isn't any higher. The hoodline is 2" taller apparently giving an optical illusion the truck itself is taller from a distance. Apparently they have spent a ton of time with the new truck. Fwiw. Makes me feel somewhat better. Would love to have the cab height measurement all the same.

Last edited by mr_andy; 01-14-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
^thanks for the update.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info, I have 80" height clearance so I should be OK. The only issue is that if the front of the truck is a couple inches higher, the radio antenna will really be smacking the top of the garage when I pull in, since it already does slightly with the current model.

I'd also like to know the lengths. My Super Cab with 6.5' box is 229.8" and I have about 3" clearance pulling in forward. I'm interested in getting a Platinum, which puts me in a Super Crew with a 5.5' box (no way 6.5' will fit). In the current body style, a Super Crew with 5.5' box is 223.8". Since I understand the cab on the Super Crew was extended 6" for 2009, my thought is that it should be around the same length as the truck I have now. At least I can only hope.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Just further clearance height confirmation for those interested................

.....Matt from jalopnik.com mentioned that he spoke with Mike O'Leary from Ford, who is head of development for the F-150, & regarding cab height the 4x4 max height is almost the same height as prior generation & the 4x2 is only a couple inches taller.

....panic over, for me anyways.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I was at the charity preview last night and I brought along a tape measure to get some rough measurements. Yes, I was running around in a tux with a tape measure with my girlfriend holding the other end...quite a sight and I got quite a few good spirited remarks. Anyway, obviously there were a lot of people around the trucks so it was difficult to be precise but here are my rough findings:

4x2 height: ~73"
4x4 height: ~76"

SuperCab w/ 6.5 box length: ~229"
SuperCrew w/ 6.5 box length: ~241"

Again, I know this isn't all that precise, so I'm not sure how much help this is. But for the most part it appears as if the dimensions haven't changed much other than the SuperCrew which was expected with the extra 6" added in the interior.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by NMJeff
I was at the charity preview last night and I brought along a tape measure to get some rough measurements. Yes, I was running around in a tux with a tape measure with my girlfriend holding the other end...quite a sight and I got quite a few good spirited remarks. Anyway, obviously there were a lot of people around the trucks so it was difficult to be precise but here are my rough findings:

4x2 height: ~73"
4x4 height: ~76"

SuperCab w/ 6.5 box length: ~229"
SuperCrew w/ 6.5 box length: ~241"

Again, I know this isn't all that precise, so I'm not sure how much help this is. But for the most part it appears as if the dimensions haven't changed much other than the SuperCrew which was expected with the extra 6" added in the interior.
....excellent, thx for taking the time...it all seems to confirm & add up to what that O'Leary bloke had to say. When i first tried to measure the clearance on an 04, & just eyeballed the tape from the side of truck, i was within 0.5 -0.75" iirc of the actual 75.5" roofline...which i confirmed later measuring against a straight edge.....so i bet you're pretty close. Thx for the approx lengths as well.

Last edited by mr_andy; 01-19-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I know most of you are interested in the engine numbers, but has anyone found anything new on the dimensions? I plan on ordering as soon as possible next month and I'd like to know if a Platinum with a 5.5' bed will fit in my garage. I only have 3" clearance for the 229" estimate I've made based on my auto show measurements.

DearbornDerek, since you're building some already, have the exact dimensions been published somewhere? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
You should be good. the wheel base for both trucks (your 6.5' S.cab and the 5.5' platinum you want) is 145". When you put the two frames side by side the only thing different is the middle section.

Quick Reply: Dimensions for 2009