2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New 2009 Spy Pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2009 Spy Pic

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but I came across this on myride.com. The truck was spotted 07/13/2007 in Huntington Beach, California.

New spy shots of 2009 Ford F-150 including interior
Awww…somebody’s feeling left out.

With the proliferation of 2009 Ford F-150 “spy” shots hitting the Web over the past several weeks, one can only surmise that the guys and gals at Ford aren’t feeling the love lately. It seems that the new GM and Toyota trucks may be stealing all the attention.

Appearing about as inconspicuous as a neon sign in a subterranean cave, this particular prototype of the 2009 Ford F-150 was spotted at the intersection of Beach Boulevard and Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach, California…just past rush hour…on a Friday night…about two blocks from the very popular and busy downtown area. Figuring close-ups of the truck were worth the risks associated with bending a few traffic guidelines, I banged a U-ey and pulled behind the blue oval-less full-size Ford.

As I walked up and greeted the driver, or in this case the guy who was standing outside the driver’s door, I remarked, “Dude, you can’t be parked here and not expect someone to stop for pictures.”

He smiled and said. “It’s a 2009.” I thought his next move might be to hand me a brochure and suggest that we take ‘er for a spin.

“Did they (Ford) tell you to do this? Just stop and park somewhere so we’d all take pictures?” I asked.

He replied, “No! No! I’m just stretching my legs.”

“Ah, I see. Well, tell me if I need to stop taking pictures,” I said.

He smiled, shuffled his feet for another 20-30 seconds, and got back into the truck. With a punch of what sounded like a nice V8, Mr. Test Vehicle Driver hauled tail.

This little exchange lasted no more than a few minutes, and other than hearing that V8, there wasn’t a great deal I could glean from my close encounter. The Fusion-like grille is obvious, as are the new headlights, the steering wheel has been revised, the gauge cluster looks a little different, what appears to be a power mirror switch is on the top of the door panel, and there are now four s on the left side of the steering wheel where there used to be anywhere from none to three. You might also notice that the exterior mirrors look to have been tweaked. Unfortunately, the thick camouflage makes it hard to get any detail on the body, though one shot suggests that the flat tailgate of the current model might get a little bit of a curve up top for 2009.

We’ll obviously see much more of the redesigned 2009 Ford F-150 in the weeks and months ahead, but sightings like this make it fun to guess at what the final product might look like. In the end, Ford got the attention it wanted and we got giddy about a truck we could hardly see. Everyone’s happy.

But qualifying this as spy photography? My tuckus.

http://community.myride.com/kickapps...LOG&as=3898&b=

Last edited by JHiggs; 08-17-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Suspended
7 lugs

Old 08-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I know that the mule shown in the picture isn't the final version, but I'm curious on how much it weighs. Any guesses?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Graphics Contributor
hmm, i see what that other guy was saying now about an un-needed curve in the tailgate...hmmm...

Old 09-08-2007, 06:47 AM
well we have them in our shop right now. We do crash development work.... I'm def not digging them too much. They look like an expedition front end with the new headlights and crap. Weird body lines in the back.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ScrapinFrame
well we have them in our shop right now. We do crash development work.... I'm def not digging them too much. They look like an expedition front end with the new headlights and crap. Weird body lines in the back.
I personally LOVE the Expedition front-end, especially on a monochrome truck (charcoal )

I think it is very bold...hopefully it looks good on the F150.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 PM
No No.. Looks like. It's hard to explain. I'd take pics of it but I can't lose my job over it. As soon as the camo and covers come off I'll make sure to get some.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
it is supposed to have a diesel option and the same looks as the new expedition inside and out

Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
those headlights do look kind of funny from what I can see. I may not like them but headlights can always be replaced aftermarket easy enough. to think I used to always complain about how ugly chevy's headlights were now ford may be getting some ugly eyes. its hard to tell for sure though under that cover.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

looks like the bed is still nice and tall. good, i like to haul a lot.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by jasonkola
those headlights do look kind of funny from what I can see. I may not like them but headlights can always be replaced aftermarket easy enough. to think I used to always complain about how ugly chevy's headlights were now ford may be getting some ugly eyes. its hard to tell for sure though under that cover.

the cover is so deceiving is what im thinking. The lights are expected to look like the expys, and they could, but that cover makes your brain think the headlights are low and oddly shaped, when they really might not be.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

also the grille looks like a rectangle. i dont know if i like that. i really like the angled grille sides of the current F150.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
I personally LOVE the Expedition front-end, especially on a monochrome truck (charcoal )

I think it is very bold...hopefully it looks good on the F150.
I think its going to look AWSOME monochrome!! And some say its not a expedition front-end........Sure does look like it to me.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Due to popular misconception, people may think it will look like the new Expedition, but it will not. The new F-150 will have "never before used headlights and grill designs that are nothing like the Expy's. Trust me, without the camo you will not confuse the two front ends. They are nothing alike." This is according to Dearborn Derek who has not only seen it, but is building it.

Quick Reply: New 2009 Spy Pic