2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

In channel vent visors on 11's

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed my bounceback!!

I got the de-initialization/initialization procedures from my dealership and had success with it. Here's the procedure they gave me. I went with the option of removing the fuse:

De-Initialization

Note: The front window motor must be de-initialized (reset to its original factory settings) before carrying out the initialization procedure.

1. Turn the ignition ON.
2. Operate the window control switch in one-touch mode and remove power from the window motor while the window is moving by one of the following methods:
a. Disconnect the vehicle battery cable while the window is moving.
b. Remove the LH or RH front window motor fuse while the window is moving.
3. This de-initializes the window motor and reset the window motor to its original factory setting
4. Carry out the initialization procedure to turn the one-touch-up feature on

Initialization

WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects In Its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result In serious personal injury.

NOTE: The front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly

NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the front window motor remains de-initialized and operates only in proportional up/down and one-touch¬down modes.

5. Turn the ignition ON.
6. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
7. Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.
8. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 AM
It works, well sort of. I would suggest that you do this when the truck is as hot as you can get it, from baking in the sun. I've tried the procedure twice now and it works for a bit.

I'm going to reset this again, next time my truck is as hot as I can get it from the summer sun. But for now, I'm just running de-initialized. At least the windows close without any hassles.

And you may wish to put something down in the area below the fuse panel. Ford kindly left a gaping hole where the fuse and or fuse puller can drop into. It can be a pain retreiving the item you dropped. At least, that's what I found.

Last edited by svt2205; 06-28-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
I have the EGR in channel on for a few months, window bounces back still. I have gotten used to hitting the auto button and stopping it 1" from the top, then manually closing it. for the few times a day i open & close the window, i can live with it.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
I hear ya on that practice. I do the same, but now that I'm "de-initialized" I'm enjoying the fact that the windows work perfectly, less the auto up feature.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I just sent back a set of the AVS inchannel ones after trying for almost a week (and ideas from all over) to get them to work. Not sure if I want the ones that stick on the paint yet or not.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM
I had my AVS stick-ons applied at a detail shop for the life time warranty.

I originally wanted the 'in channel' but after looking over the release form (releasing the shop from any window motor damage, etc, etc,) I got the stick-ons.

That was 17 months ago and the only way they will now release is by breaking them.

My pal has stick-ons on his 2001 (bought new) and has never had a problem.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by svt2205
I hear ya on that practice. I do the same, but now that I'm "de-initialized" I'm enjoying the fact that the windows work perfectly, less the auto up feature.
Are you saying that de-initialized means there is no "auto-up" feature? I've been using mine for a couple of weeks since the process and haven't had one bounceback with auto-up. I wasn't sure what it meant to run de-initialized. Thought maybe it meant bounceback was disabled, but now you've got me wondering if it means that the "auto up" is disabled.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Anyone interested in a pair of Weathertech fronts only send me a pm. I found they worked ok but not great. Since I quit smoking I only want them to vent heat during the day while I'm at work and the rears only serve that purpose just fine. Not the best look... but since I had them off to install tint up front I'm just gonna leave em off. The are like new were only on for 4 days.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by compmastr
Are you saying that de-initialized means there is no "auto-up" feature? I've been using mine for a couple of weeks since the process and haven't had one bounceback with auto-up. I wasn't sure what it meant to run de-initialized. Thought maybe it meant bounceback was disabled, but now you've got me wondering if it means that the "auto up" is disabled.
De-initialized means no auto-up. I will say that my passenger side re-initializes all on it's own after about a week. It's happened twice now.

Ford describes a bouncback override in the owners manual and in the service manual. The owners manual does not describe the location where that function works. The service manual does, but I didn't have any luck with it at all.

Hope this helps

Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Hope this helps someone. Installed mine Saturday, today (Monday) the drivers side works great, but the passengers side still senses resistance and rolls itself down. Took a look at the clip inside the channel and noticed the drivers clip was a bit lower than the actual visor so I lowered the clip on the passengers side and now it works perfectly!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I put on the AVS in channels on my 13 screw back in December. My windows did the bounceback until I retrained them. Now they work just fine.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Update:
I removed the in channels on both of our vehicles. After a few years the window channels started to leak more road noise by. We are much happier with the external vents and having the window seal up better.

Quick Reply: In channel vent visors on 11's