2004 - 2008 F-150

PCM replacement, PATS disabled it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCM replacement, PATS disabled it.

I had to replace the PCM on my 2006 F150 FX4 Super Cab, the original PCM stopped sending signals to the coils so No spark, I purchased a remain PCM from one of the top sellers, programmers of vehicle computers, I purchased two new programmed but uncut keys, had them cut and they work fine, I connected the new PCM, then I put the Negative cable back on the battery, synced my keys and then tried to start the truck, and it did start and run for about 5 seconds tops, then it shut down and would not start again, I checked for codes and it has the P1639 code, vehicle ID Block corrupted, Not Programmed. so my next move was to check and see what VIN# is programmed into the new PCM and when it pulled up it stated, Vehicle Identification Number Not Supported... but it isn't even showing a VIN# in the new PCM, however it did bring up the CID# as well as the CVN#..This replacement PCM is supposed to be a plug and play as long as the keys ate activated correctly and they seem to be, I have no rapid flashing light, with my new keys, but when the old one is put in the drum and turned the security light flashes rapidly and it will not turn the engine over either. Other than this P1639/code and that business about the VIN# not being supported can anybody tell me what I need to do to fix my truck, the its been sitting since early September.The milage is showing correctly in the LCD screen no dashes other than where to direction of travel goes, but I'm sure that's due to sitting there for more than 6months and needs to be calibrated, I swept my guards, and they all flashed normally, also on a brighter not, it did actually start up until ole PAT shut her down!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

This is what the code scanner pulled up as far as Vehicle info.

This is what I got after it started and shut down.

Old 01-24-2022, 09:18 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Contact who you bought the PCM from.

Old 01-24-2022, 10:53 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
PATS can NOT shut down an engine once it has started. Your replacement PCM is dorked.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-24-2022, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Contact who you bought the PCM from.
I contacted the company first thing Monday morning and notified them that there are issues with the PCM they had sent to me, I was then told I would have to fill out some sort of form and sign it before they could go any further, so I got it prepared and sent right back. Then told it would still be 24-48 hrs before I would hear back from them with what ever direction trust choose to go. Whichever way is fine with me as long as the end result is my truck repaired!! I'm not sure exactly why the original unit whent bad, I can say that the truck had gotten very sluggish, no power erratic shifting, shutting off at every stop, I did a full timing job on it back in August, first 5.4, 3 valve I ever been into, I had originally thought the underlying problems I just mentioned were due to bad phases and vct's. I replaced the oil pump with the Smelling HIV pump, also the Smelling metal ratchet type tensioners, the rest were all FOMOCO parts,everything from the roller followers down to new bolts, she fired right up after I got it back together and built good oil pressure. Then in September I guess the PCM just finally burnt out, I know it was one Hot Georgia day on September 07, 2021 the day it just got weaker and weaker with each roll of the tires until it just shut off and hadn't started a day since until it did fire up those few seconds before something shut the spark off, the other guy that replied said the
PATS won't kill the engine after it starts..... Perhaps it won't, I'm not sure one way or the other , by the way how do you disable the PATS system?

Old 01-25-2022, 12:22 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Dig the chip out of the key and tape it to the lock cylinder. If you do this, you can no longer use a chipped key.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:27 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
PATS won't kill the engine after it starts..... Perhaps it won't, I'm not sure one way or the other
That's how Ford designed and implemented it. See their documentation.

by the way how do you disable the PATS system?
Either purchase a tune with a PATS-delete option or send the PCM out to a tuner who can remove that function.

Dig the chip out of the key and tape it to the lock cylinder. If you do this, you can no longer use a chipped key.
That doesn't disable or eliminate PATS, it just makes it so that there's always a verified RFID chip to be read by the system allowing $2 keys to be used for everyday use.

Quick Reply: PCM replacement, PATS disabled it.