Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
P1000 / Edge Evolution CS / Emissions Inspection (NJ) >

P1000 / Edge Evolution CS / Emissions Inspection (NJ)

2004 - 2008 F-150

Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 PM

I have a 2008 with the 4.6L and Edge Evolution CS running canned tunes. I know Edge says a truck running their tunes will pass state inspections, but I always have tuned it back to stock to get inspected. As always, when tuning back to stock, it throws the P1000 which usually takes me 2 weeks to clear. Towards the end of that cycle my battery died, so now I have to start over, but am running out of time to get the truck inspected this month. I'm pretty sure I'll fail inspection with the P1000, so my questions:

I do not think when you tune to the canned tunes it throws the P1000 - Is that true?
Does anyone have experience passing/failing NJ emissions while running a canned Edge tune?

Old 04-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor
It will likely be fine.

I know around here, if you tell the officer the deal and your not shady about it, they might let you off OR they will give you a fix-it ticket. Whereby you prove it's fixed, and they'll throw the ticket out.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:04 PM
glc
P1000 simply means that all sensors have not achieved readiness yet. This will take some drive cycles to clear.

Any time the PCM loses power - dead/disconnected battery - or the PCM is cleared (loading a tune will do this) it has to start over, so to speak.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

https://repairpal.com/how-to-perform...ic-drive-cycle

http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/d..._procedure.pdf

Old 04-27-2019, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by YJay90 View Post
Edge says a truck running their tunes will pass state inspections

Does anyone have experience passing/failing NJ emissions while running a canned Edge tune?
I am in California, where the emissions laws are the strictest in the country. I use a custom tune. I've never returned to stock. Passed inspection every single time, with a custom tune.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor
I second seeing folks with tuned trucks going through NY's strict emissions laws too. In that case, NJ will pass...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P1000 / Edge Evolution CS / Emissions Inspection (NJ)

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: